Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
I apologise if this thread is in the wrong place ::bigsmile:

Had a big clean day today Inside & out plus the mrs's car aswell...

So upon jetting the Exterior of my 1997 Autostratus I couldnt help noticing some of the decails peeling of & I know I cannot stop this & more is going to come off.

What I need to know is should enough of it come off that I need to hide the bright white lines that are left & no she aint one of those nasty fowl looking motorhome you find parked for months on end, what polish or cleaner can I use that wont damage the coating.....

Thanks.........

My choice of soap is a non waxing soap by autoglym the only non waxing wash I could find.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would say a good quality T cutting compound to bring the whiteness back then a quality resin polish to seal it such as MER. always gives good results. peeling graphics vinyl stickers is another issue altogether. there is a glue you can use after cleaning off the dirt, but cant remember the name at the moment

oh and be VERY careful if using a pressure washer on a motorhome or caravan as it will cause leaks on the joints and round windows

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
She got blasted good today - no leaks ::bigsmile:
followed by a thorough clean inside & still no leaks.

were backed by a full dealer warranty & Im happy to say no leaks what so ever ::bigsmile:

The decals are 16 years old so obliviously going brittle & loosing there stickyness, I dont wanna de stipe her but considering the options should it get any worse.
currently its only cosmetic but I would like a back up plan & intend to see if Elddis have any old stock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
its a mare of a job to get the correct model year graphics even for new vans. theres a few graphics companies about that will make a new set so you can personalise the van if not. cheaper than graphics from the dealers as well. did i mention that the converters generally wont sell parts direct to customers. it really should be simple to get these things but its not.

everything else is not converter specific, so pretty easy to get hold of. ebay is brilliant as there are sellers on there that buy up excess stock and sell cheaply. well cheaper than walking into an accessory shop and letting them empty your wallet for you. for instance I've seen a shop selling the same LED bulbs as on ebay at 99p for nearly £10

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi. There is a product on the market called "Finesse" it is a non abrasive rubbing compound (liquid) which takes of ingrained marks, also restores colour sheen. We used it on the paintwork of our narrowboat. Have also used it on the Moho to remove those little black runs from the rubber seals around windows & roof vents. Absolutely swear by it. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a quick search reveals 2 types a light cut by 3m & what I assume you mean is the marine version for gel coats

correct ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Farecla G3 Compound is excellent but expensive

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Farecla G3 Compound is excellent but expensive

I might have some of that, Ill have to check my stock but im pretty sure i had some g3 left over from my repair shop days....

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Rob. Not sure will check & get right one, then let you know later :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back