Help. Found two lost dogs (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have just found two dogs wandering in the street. One has a collar with a number but no reply from the number. They are safe in our dogs run at the moment. Does anyone know how to get an address from a phone number?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have just found two dogs wandering in the street. One has a collar with a number but no reply from the number. They are safe in our dogs run at the moment. Does anyone know how to get an address from a phone number?

The police will be able to do so but it is probably unlikely to be an urgent priority for them unless the owner has reported the dogs missing.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Also call local police. Owners could be out looking for the dogs.

If they can stay with you until tomorrow I'm sure you ll be able to find owner/ .

And good on you for keeping them safe.

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
A local vet should be able to scan them to see if they're chipped. If so they should have an address.
Thanks. I called the vet and they have been instructed to pass all lost dogs to the wardens/police. I know the vet well so he was not just fobbing me off. He has given me some good advice on things to try though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks. I called the vet and they have been instructed to pass all lost dogs to the wardens/police. I know the vet well so he was not just fobbing me off. He has given me some good advice on things to try though.

I took the dog I found to the vets. They scanned it. It was chipped. They phoned the data base , were told the name and address of the owner . I wasn't allowed to phone /contact them ?? But they did. No one in. Which I thought was good service form the vets. Even though it's not my vets.
We took the dog home.
Our son looked on a lost dog website and found a picture of the dog and a name address and contact. We phoned them up , they came for the dog.
Just seen your last post. Glad you got it sorted. Happy dog , happy owners. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back