Easter weather (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just seen forecast for next week, dry and mostly sunny for virtually whole country, checked on BBC weather for 10 days and looks about the same right through past the BH weekend

Good for all trips, but looking cold overnight

Chester for us, first meet, looking forward to it :thumb:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We are going to Chester too, if you see a mousy blond and a bald man peering into your windows it's us coming to say hullo:fatbuddha:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We are going to Chester too, if you see a mousy blond and a bald man peering into your windows it's us coming to say hullo:fatbuddha:

If you see us inside, don't peer, just come on in :thumb:

Bev has made me agree to put our awning up for Lola, if it goes up I will be looking for advice / comment to help sort out our unresolved issues with Kampa, we have a Kampa Air, great idea but legs not strong enough to hold shape, twist / distort in slightest breeze

See some you there hopefully

David Bev and Lola

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you for the invite. :thumb:

We are still deciding whether to bring Ruby our Scottish terrier, I know we can't take dogs into the food festival and we are not sure yet what we will be doing each day. She loves the motorhome though. Do you know if there are dog friendly facilities?

Dawn and Martin

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Thank you for the invite. :thumb:

We are still deciding whether to bring Ruby our Scottish terrier, I know we can't take dogs into the food festival and we are not sure yet what we will be doing each day. She loves the motorhome though. Do you know if there are dog friendly facilities?

Dawn and Martin
We will be bringing our mutt, so we'll be sure to find dog friendly facilities.
Be nice to meet another Dawn too :Smile:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Dawn, there are loads of Dawns lurking on this site, they just haven't come out yet :ROFLMAO:

We will come and lick your windows too:thumb:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
just seen forecast for next week, dry and mostly sunny for virtually whole country, checked on BBC weather for 10 days and looks about the same right through past the BH weekend

Good for all trips, but looking cold overnight

The Met Office don't seem quite so optimistic.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 16 Apr 2014 to Friday 25 Apr 2014:

Turning generally more unsettled as cloud and outbreaks of rain, already affecting some northern and western parts early Wednesday, spread erratically southeastwards across the UK. The rain heavy at times in the north and west, but probably mostly light and patchy towards southeastern England where it may not arrive until Thursday. Remaining predominantly unsettled thereafter with showers or longer spells of rain affecting many areas, but with some drier and brighter interludes. The showers wintry at times over northern hills. The more unsettled conditions will tend to be towards the northwest, with the best of the fine spells in the southeast. Windy at times, with temperatures near average or rather cold, particularly in the northwest, with the risk of overnight frost, but possibly warmer further southeast.

Chester for us, first meet, looking forward to it :thumb:
Us too, on both counts. See you there.

Might have to acquire some grip mats to get off the racecourse if the Met Office are correct. :winky:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The Met Office don't seem quite so optimistic.

UK Outlook for Wednesday 16 Apr 2014 to Friday 25 Apr 2014:

Turning generally more unsettled as cloud and outbreaks of rain, already affecting some northern and western parts early Wednesday, spread erratically southeastwards across the UK. The rain heavy at times in the north and west, but probably mostly light and patchy towards southeastern England where it may not arrive until Thursday. Remaining predominantly unsettled thereafter with showers or longer spells of rain affecting many areas, but with some drier and brighter interludes. The showers wintry at times over northern hills. The more unsettled conditions will tend to be towards the northwest, with the best of the fine spells in the southeast. Windy at times, with temperatures near average or rather cold, particularly in the northwest, with the risk of overnight frost, but possibly warmer further southeast.

Us too, on both counts. See you there.

Might have to acquire some grip mats to get off the racecourse if the Met Office are correct. :winky:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653228

And there I was all cheerful for a change and then you came along :Eeek:

Only joking, I don't do cheerful

I hope the BBC have got it right, the temperatures are OK not much sun, but little or no rain predicted, that will do for me

Overnight temps might mean I can try out my new Karcher condensation sucker upper

But can I please borrow your mats if I am wrong?? :thumb:

I only go up to Easter Monday so hope you're rain comes in after we have all gone home, just as I pull onto a Welsh CL for a couple of nights!!

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We will be bringing our mutt, so we'll be sure to find dog friendly facilities.
Be nice to meet another Dawn too :Smile:

Particular dog facilities I am not sure, but there are certainly lots of good walks within 5 minutes of the race course, 5 minutes and you are at the canal, walk in the opposite way to Chester, you and the dogs can go as far as you like.

Also walk up to the river bank again the opposite way to Chester brilliant for dogs no traffic apart from the occasional bike, really good walk.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back