Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Guys

We only use the toilet in our MH for number three's simply because there aent many black tank disposal points for number two's

I have been seeing references to macerators and the like which I assume reduce the solids to a kind of liquid.

Even at that I cant recall seeing too many black tank disposal points.

Am I missing something. What do other people do?

Sorry if this thread is a bit smelly.

Thanks

Jim :Blush:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Phewwwww

I use a Sureflow pump/macerator and dump it down a local sewer.:RollEyes:

I have considered pumping into a portable container on site and using chemical toilet emptying facilities but never got farther than that.

I always found the cassette system so convenient.Still the onboard Black tank is some size so never had to pump it out on site yet!!!

OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Phewwwww

I use a Sureflow pump/macerator and dump it down a local sewer.:RollEyes:

I have considered pumping into a portable container on site and using chemical toilet emptying facilities but never got farther than that.

I always found the cassette system so convenient.Still the onboard Black tank is some size so never had to pump it out on site yet!!!

So am I correct in thinking that you have some sought of other loo installed into your in built loo whereby you collect the waste in a separate tank from the black tank ?:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
So am I correct in thinking that you have some sought of other loo installed into your in built loo whereby you collect the waste in a separate tank from the black tank ?:Eeek:

The toilet waste is held in the Black Tank and emptied via a Slide (blade) valve and bayonet fitting onto which the Sureflow pump is attached and pumped via a hosepipe to the disposal point.

All other Washing/kitchen water etc goes into the Grey Water Tank.

Still prefer the cassette based systems.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The toilet waste is held in the Black Tank and emptied via a Slide (blade) valve and bayonet fitting onto which the Sureflow pump is attached and pumped via a hosepipe to the disposal point.

All other Washing/kitchen water etc goes into the Grey Water Tank.

Still prefer the cassette based systems.:thumb:

So you still have the problem of finding a proper disposal point whereby if a cassette loo was used it could be disposed of at the elsan point on site, as the caravaners do. Am I correct ?:Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
So you still have the problem of finding a proper disposal point whereby if a cassette loo was used it could be disposed of at the elsan point on site, as the caravaners do. Am I correct ?:Smile:

Yep.

I tend to dump mine at home if there's no disposal site available.

Seriously thought of fitting a Thetford Cassette but it wouldn't be original then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
:Sad:i find a carrier bag in toilet does the job then find a bin to drop it in

Theres no need to show a sad face. From what I can make out, thats what most people do.

I was just trying to see if there was a decent alternative.

Jim :whatthe:

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
:Doh:please tell me that carrier bags in the loo is a JOKE.
You cannot be serious
Maureen

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
A No 3 is the generic name for what is technically a "Shart"

A Shart is when you break wind and follow through:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
geo

Last edited:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I we are on a site for a long time and there is no disposal point nearby ie 40 feet so I can use the macerator, I empty the black/grey tanks into one of these:

Link Removed

and then take it to the disposal point does take several trips though not a nice job but saves moving.

I altered the the rear of the coach to accomodate the waste carrier, had to move the a fuel filter and board it out thus

Image001.jpg

wastecarrier018.jpg

Otherwise I dump down a sewer manhole.

Regards Pat

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sounds good to me.The sort of thing I had in mind.I do not relish having to move the awning when all set up.Guaranteed it'll be raining when we have to......:Doh:
How do you control the "flow" into the carrier from the sewer pipe?:Eeek:Just by the Slide valve?

Will it fit in the opening of the wheely carrier?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
With 5 of us doing 1's, 2's and I am sure the odd 3 we do need to be able to empty the tanks regularly.

The first option is always a Gravity Dump into a manhole or purpose-built wast point, secondly we have a macerator with 40m of roll flat hose so we can dump into an elsan point or even a loo. The emergency option is the "tote n Stor" Where we will take it away 20 gallons at a time. Though if the disposal point is not at ground level and you have to lift it you had better not have it full as 20 gallons of black is pretty heavy:Smile:

Common Sense Required When Using a Tote

:ROFLMAO: ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:The first time i used the "tote n stor" scotjimland watched me (with a wry smile on his face) use my 3metre long 3 inch hose to fill it of course when I opened the blade I filled the tote, but when I closed the blade that still left me with a full 3m snake full of 1's 2's and 3s :whatthe: when I unhooked the hose from the tote I was going to have an "RV Moment" Unless I could lift 20 odd gallons of tote higher than my black tank, which of course even for me is impossible:Smile: So I would just have to disconnect the hose and raise it quick and high to stop the snake emptying.

ScotJim sauntered over and said something like " interesting predicament you have there, ten feet of shit with no where to go. I have a special 2 foot long hose to fill my tote - you should try a short hose next time" With that he went back to his van to sit and watch the show, which of course had the inevitable consequences. I am just grateful that ScotJim who is an excellent photographer who always has a camera with him, decided not to take pictures of me wrestling that ten foot snake. he probably thought I had suffered enough:Smile:

Link Removed

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
:Sad:i find a carrier bag in toilet does the job then find a bin to drop it in

I think I prefere emptying the toilet to carting a carrier bag of poo about with me........ :whatthe: where do you put it? the only sanitary place would be the bins for dog poo... not that many of them about on camp sites either.

Just think what it would be like for whoever has to clean up around the bin if a fox or cat ripped into all the rubbish.

I do admit it isn't the most fragrent of tasks but bagging that kind of waste and putting it into an ordinary bin has got to be a health hazzard!

Tina

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
:Doh:please tell me that carrier bags in the loo is a JOKE.
You cannot be serious
Maureen

no joke when u have to go u have to and it wos the wife that said i have to use the carrier bag . it cost nothing as she got it from tesco:winky::winky::winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A No 3 is the generic name for what is technically a "Shart"

A Shart is when you break wind and follow through:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
geo

thanks for clearing that up Geo.:thumb::thumb:

thought it could be the sort of thing young kids do after vast quantities of cheap cider / special brew. ya know.......talking to god on the big ,white telephone....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back