C.C.& C. Club ! What a bunch of bankers !! (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I have used their Oswestry (Cranberry Moss) site frequently in the past 2013 price for 2 nights all singing and dancing pitch for 2 adults ACU rate was £32-70:thumb:

This year It's........£55-90 !!:Angry:

So, all you funsters who ask which club to join, It's bleedin obvious innit ??:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Does anyone know the e-mail address of Robert Lauden the CEO of the club so I can formally tell him to piss off when my membership falls due in July !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Does anyone know the e-mail address of Robert Lauden the CEO of the club so I can formally tell him to piss off when my membership falls due in July !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

no.. but I bet shifty does.. :winky:

Broken Link Removed

also listen to him here explaining pricing ..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaulV4BJU7o&list=PLO3eWkvMbpQ1VHyOEYrvBkEBvtiKb5o0J"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaulV4BJU7o&list=PLO3eWkvMbpQ1VHyOEYrvBkEBvtiKb5o0J[/ame]

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Are you sure the dates are comparable, I mean the dates you want this year are available for Age Consession. I've just checked a random date in November (low season) with Age Concession and it worked out at approx. £16 per night (2 ACR people). Just checked for next week (high season, Easter school hols) and yes its £26 ish per night, no Age Concession because its high season.
I don't like the new pricing structure either but be sure you are comparing like for like dates before you go raving to the boss.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That club emailed me the other day, asked if I would like to offer motorhomefun members the opportunity to take a survey for them, you know, the type of survey that asks you what your likely to buy next, and when; and finishes with. Oh and give us your email address too if you like. :Doh:

Haven't responded yet, but I will:Doh:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Give them my email address please Jim....:thumb:

Love to look at all the sites for my panda fiver wheel.

Steve that is way over the top, I can't believe that price , does it include massage and van vallet ?

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I think its a mess. You cannot tell what the price is until you have almost finished the booking process.

I tried 3 fairly random, albeit high season, dates and compared to last year prices had gone up hugely. It might be that some low season prices are cheaper, but the fixed fee for hardstanding is up by 25%, age concession is reduced and the sum total on the sites I enquired on were up by something like 30% compared to last year.

Are the camping and caravanning club TRYING to lose members, because that is what will happen. If this situation remains I cannot see me renewing again, unfortunately its not long since I did without realising what they have done.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Go to Europe , save your site fees for the tunnel fare then park for free:thumb:
Never mind the £45 to join

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I genuinely feel that neither the CC&C nor CC offer value for money for motorhome owners.

Our business always gives clear guidance on prices: you see the price including and excluding VAT and the cost of shipping on every single product. I HATE not knowing the final cost until you get through to the booking/payment page :Angry:

I'd love to see just where the money goes at these two clubs but I'm reticent to buy all the records from company house for

00445520 CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB LIMITED(THE)
04888316 THE CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB (FRANCHISING) LIMITED
00646027 CARAVAN CLUB LIMITED(THE)
00305145 CARAVAN CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND(1935)LIMITED(THE)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been in ccc for five years , every year I say we are coming out of it, but it always takes me by surprise , and the dd has been paid:Doh: but this year I think we will stay in just for the cls and the meets they have, we have been on quite a few already this year , but the camp sites are a complete ripoff for us as we don't use any facilities ,and if you go to ukcampsites you can find most of the sites on there and if you talk to them right they will let you stay without being members, the cls I meen:thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Yes, but when are you going? Over Easter? I was at Devizes (solo old person member) last w/e and it cost £22.50 for 2 nights . which I didn't think was bad...

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We never use the c & cc sites. We do however use the Da meets and Temporary holiday sites. This is the only club I belong to and it offers me value for money on the meets etc. I have also saved more than my membership on the motorhome insurance I took out.

I will continue to be a member but just not use their sites. Simples.

Typical meet prices with the Motorhome Section £6.50 a night. We have also been on a meet on a site in low season price £8 a night. No contest.

Sonja

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Are you sure the dates are comparable, I mean the dates you want this year are available for Age Consession. I've just checked a random date in November (low season) with Age Concession and it worked out at approx. £16 per night (2 ACR people). Just checked for next week (high season, Easter school hols) and yes its £26 ish per night, no Age Concession because its high season.
I don't like the new pricing structure either but be sure you are comparing[HI][HI] like for like [/HI][/HI]dates before you go raving to the boss.

Yes, both dates were for mid-season !:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
chaser;983277[HI said:
[HI]]Go to Europe [/HI][/HI], save your site fees for the tunnel fare then park for free:thumb:
Never mind the £45 to join

Funsters will know that I over winter in Spain and Portugal ! Couldn't do it last winter for medical reasons, but on my to Pedro's in November with my new child bride !:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

It's Dover - Calais for me with a meander through La Belle France !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Couple of days time !!

Yes, but[HI] when are you going[/HI]? Over Easter? I was at Devizes (solo old person member) last w/e and it cost £22.50 for 2 nights . which I didn't think was bad...

Monday 14th April for two nights, confirmed with site that it was mid-season !:thumb:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
The site told you wrong, it is high season April 14 to 21st and no Age Concession is available in high season. If you go onto website, then UK campsites, then 2014 pricing, then Price Insert card 2014, it's all there in black and white (well multiple colours).

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
C.C. Also have certificated sites !! and ferry discounts and a handbook that is easy

The site told you wrong, it is high season April 14 to 21st and no Age Concession is available in high season. If you go onto website, then UK campsites, then 2014 pricing, then Price Insert card 2014, it's all there in black and white (well multiple colours).

All done £54-90 !!:Angry:

And the kids are still at school !

As I said, It's a total rip off, I am voting with my feet !

The C.C. do some good deals with some sites fixed at £11 and mid week discounts ! I have always enjoyed their sites and despite other peoples comments have never had a problem with siting the MH or with the wardens !:Blush::Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
All done £54-90 !!:Angry:

[HI]And the kids are still at school ![/HI]

As I said, It's a total rip off, I am voting with my feet !

The C.C. do some good deals with some sites fixed at £11 and mid week discounts ! I have always enjoyed their sites and despite other peoples comments have never had a problem with siting the MH or with the wardens !:Blush::Blush:

In this area schools closed for the Easter holidays last Friday. They go back on April 22nd (the day after Easter Monday). It's different from the normal one week before/one week after because Easter is late this year.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm afraid you have booked in HIGH season.. and the kids (mine anyway ) are off school until 23rd..

luckily you are a member.. or it would be Total: £54.90 (Non-members: £70.70)

GetAsset.aspx

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
High season.. We have 7 nights at Teversal next week.. £240..
I don't have a huge problem with the price when the kids are of school... Normally we would avoid this period but this easter we have a few commitments.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I genuinely feel that neither the CC&C nor CC offer value for money for motorhome owners.

Our business always gives clear guidance on prices: you see the price including and excluding VAT and the cost of shipping on every single product. I HATE not knowing the final cost until you get through to the booking/payment page :Angry:

I'd love to see just where the money goes at these two clubs but I'm reticent to buy all the records from company house for

Link Removed

Link Removed

Director General
Robert Louden
Home address
8 Teal Close
Daventry
Northamptonshire
NN11 0XQ

Potential e-mail Robert.Louden@myccc.co.uk

Caravan Club

Mr Nick Lomas Director General

Email nick.lomas@caravanclub.co.uk
Telephone 01342 326944
Website Link Removed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

[HI]I'd love to see just where the money goes at these two clubs but I'm reticent to buy all the records from company house for [/HI]

The accounts are published in the club magazines each year. The C&CC accounts are also available to members on-line.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We use them for the DA rallies most weekends or the little CL sites.
We don't do big all singing campsites. Especially since the kids stopped coming with us. Were at Pocklington , York , this weekend on a rally. Don't know who's doing it. Just turn up , do your own thing. Perfect.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
As many of you know I owe a CS with C&CC and we have had an email from them saying that from 2015 we are not able to advertise ANYWHERE except our own website (if we have one). We are not happy (polite term) and will seriously be thinking of leaving them as a CS as most of our business comes from advertising on the free camping web site ie uk campsite, 5 van etc.
They are not my most favourite people at the moment and I'm sure other CS owners think the same.
So with their new pricing and over the top rules I think they will lose lots of customers.
Rant over :Smile:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
As many of you know I owe a CS with C&CC and we have had an email from them saying that from 2015 we are not able to advertise ANYWHERE except our own website (if we have one). We are not happy (polite term) and will seriously be thinking of leaving them as a CS as most of our business comes from advertising on the free camping web site ie uk campsite, 5 van etc.
They are not my most favourite people at the moment and I'm sure other CS owners think the same.
[HI]So with their new pricing and over the top rules I think they will lose lots of customers[/HI].
Rant over :Smile:

My sentiments entirely !:thumb:

Have you considered being a C.C. certificated location ??:Cool: I use those a lot, as well as Brit-stops !:winky::winky::winky:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I've found C&CC website to be shambolic.
Went round in a circle 3 times, each time having to re- log in. And was given 3 different prices.

Think they must be cutting back all round. I'm staying on the Devizes site long term and not as clean or well kept as it used to be. I would have thought that a full site indicated emptying the dog poo bin more than once a week.......

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
quote Have you considered being a C.C. certificated location ??:Cool: I use those a lot, as well as Brit-stops !:winky::winky::winky:

May well consider that option when the time comes :thumb:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I have used CC&C and CC sites extensively and if you want reasonable/good standard campsites in nice areas at reasonable prices go out of season and midweek using age con sessions.

In the main I find the CC&C prices cheaper than the CC, but try commercial sites and you will find those of a similar standard far more expensive.

In the end you get what you pay for, upgraded sites, wardens etc.

We are off to Cornwall over the Easter holidays and we have to expect to pay top prices:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back