Drive away awning (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
There was recently a thread on here about the Vango Kela airbeam drive away awning.
Someone was about to order one and others said they had them.

I am thinking of getting one, so looking for more opinions from those people that have them.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We have a Kampa 390xl, thats a "drive away" awning, used it once, £200, or a Fiama Clik System awning for £150, pm me for details.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
swanseajack

we have a vango driveaway great bit of kit spend more time in that than our mh problem its to big 5m off mh so we have now for 2014 kampa air awing only 3m off mh hope it fits not like 2013 unit had to send it back to short from awing rail to ground but not a driveaway unit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We have a Kampa 390xl, thats a "drive away" awning, used it once, £200, or a Fiama Clik System awning for £150, pm me for details.

Thanks, but the Vanga Kela seems so easy to erect, as it's a blow up that takes minutes to erect.
As my wife is disabled it is something i will have to erect myself.

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012

Chris69

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
Hi
We have one and used it last year without problem.
I replied to the post last week but will give similar info again.

We have Kela Tall, it is very easy to erect and take down.
I am a 69 years young lady and can do the job on my own if necessary (my husband is disabled).

If you buy one I advise taking out the inner tent before erecting because when fully erected the toggles holding it in place are hard to get at. The inflated beams get in the way.
We used the awning connected and unconnected to MH and it stood up very well to strong winds.

When connected to roll out canopy the habitation door catches the tunnel canvas slightly but not a major problem. We do not have very much clearance above habitation door.

When erecting it is important to connect to MH first and then peg out footprint before inflating. You will probably need to adjust pegging when fully erected.
If you are using on hard standing I advise putting extra protection where the beams meet the ground . I didn't do this first time and the movement caused by strong wind wore away fabric on outside of tube sleeve.
Make sure you inflate to advised pressure there is a regulator in the kit.

I can't think of anything else but if you need more info please ask.
Only too happy to help.
Regards
Chris

Forgot to say you will need a connection kit. It is not supplied as standard.
I also use a groundsheet under the built in one to give extra protection from stones and sharp objects.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
awning

Hi we have a outdoor revolution oxygen 2 got it from show complete kit pump,carpet,groundsheet,drive guides,joining strip we went for this because seemed lighter inside when erected cost 480 from Kimberly caravans regards paul

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun