Back in a Camper after 40 Years! (1 Viewer)

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello everyone,

My wife and I just bought our first ever camper van. We are so happy with it. As the title suggests, I went camping with my family when I was just a child - mum and dad had a camper and took the family all over France and Spain back in the 70's.

So any way, thought I would join up here and make some friends and perhaps even learn some hints and tips from those of you who actually know what you are doing! We are basically complete beginners. In fact, we purchased the camper today!!! That is how wet behind the ears we are! lol

We have an old Mercedes 208 Autotrail Apache from 1990. It has a turbo intercooler added aftermarket, and all the mod cons we need. It is actually in spectacular condition inside and out, it has been very well looked after, and has only done 74,000 miles. It has solar panels on the roof, a role out awning, periscope style TV areal, 3 way fridge..... Even a reversing camera! We are so excited about being mobile, and can't wait for our first great adventure!

Looking forward to chatting to you all! :)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Oddsocks and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

Enjoy your MoHo and don't forget to post how your first outing goes! :thumb:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
Brilliant ..... Enjoy yourselves that's what its all about.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi oddsocks, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
Exciting times ahead for you both.:Cool:
Enjoy.::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
and another welcome from me.
might meet up somewhere in cornwall.
unfortunately its raining here on the north coast of spain . bit like cornwall i expect. ha ha .
have lots of fun and ask away . its a good lot on here . always different ideas and you can take away several ideas . see what works for you .

hello momo . missed you this year . hope you had a good xmas in france . catch you another year . hopefully later this one .

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, any questions just ask away, you have a great van I just know you will enjoy it. If you want a short try out trip why not nip up to North Devon and join the other funster arriving on the 16th can be a mini meet. Failing that look out for the Ilfracombe Summer meet in august, lots of experienced funsters coming then.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Welcome,I hope you enjoy the experience just rember 1st thing to pack is your sence of humor::bigsmile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
A Warm Welcome , enjoy your travels ,old Mercedes a great choice, :thumb:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi, OddSocks, and a warm welcome. The description of your Mercedes sounds fabulous. Hope you have many happy travels.

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Oddsocks & welcome. It will prove to be the best tenner you have spent. We are about to go on our very first outing in our new Moho to the Chester meet. Look for all the other meets on the site. Enjoy :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,welcome and ENJOY :thumb:
terry

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
welcome to the madhouse.dont worry about making mistakes.you will learn more from them.but don't be afraid to ask questions.there is allways some one to help.and there is some real experts on this site.not me through.i am still learning.after 40 years of motorhoming.good luck.hope to meet sometime.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi and welcome to the fun, any questions just ask away, you have a great van I just know you will enjoy it. If you want a short try out trip why not nip up to North Devon and join the other funster arriving on the 16th can be a mini meet. Failing that look out for the Ilfracombe Summer meet in august, lots of experienced funsters coming then.

Wow! Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome! I am overwhelmed! ::bigsmile:

Funny - we were talking about taking a shake out the wrinkles ride up to North Devon in a week or two! How funny! We were thinking about Lynton. Where are other planning to go? Would be quite cool to meet some members! :Smile:

In the mean time we are stocking the van, we need everything! lol From plates and sleeping bags to loo liquid lol Going to a big market and car boot which has a special camping section on Sunday, should get most of what we need there.

How exciting! :thumb::thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Great shape the Cab, almost classic, glad you are aboard, not many sane ones here, but hey:thumb: Who cares! we live in gods little acre:thumb:

Welcome anyway, might catch up some time Dreakly:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:?
There's a few of us here in Cornwall

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hello Oddsocks:Smile:

Having just seen your "new to you" motorhome:Smile:
I can honestly say it is a great looking van and has been very well cared for.

Don't forget to visit Woolacombe tomorrow before you go home.

Hope to see you again sometime:Smile:

Safe travels:Smile:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
hello momo . missed you this year . hope you had a good xmas in france . catch you another year . hopefully later this one .

Hi Alan! Yes sorry to have missed you too! Thought you were still down South and would be calling in on your way back home! :Sad: Never mind, see you when you are back my way! :thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
brave man.at least one thing.they have come to the right club.welcome to the mad house. come and have some fun.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back