Recommendations for a telescopic brush? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Afternoon all

Can anyone please recommend a good telescopic brush for the washing of the motorhome?

I bought the one from Broken Link Removed last year, which served well, but got it out this year for a scrub (having not used it sonce before the winter) and the head snapped off on its plastic screw-on connector after doing the front and one side. Not very impressed :Angry:.

Any recommend anything that will last a bit longer?

Grazie mille.

Jamie.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I just got a cheap un branded one from a garden centre a few years ago - lasted well so far and doesn't look any less well made than something from a major company. Will do the same when it inevitably breaks. :thumb:

OP
OP
jamieBG
Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
The reviews of either of those Maplin brushes don't inspire much confidence; and the symptoms of head unscrewing and water peeing out of every joint echo with my ex Halfords brush...

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
The reviews of either of those Maplin brushes don't inspire much confidence; and the symptoms of head unscrewing and water peeing out of every joint echo with my ex Halfords brush...

The head did unscrew actually.. So I epoxyd it.. Works fine now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The whole concept is basically flawed somewhat.

With a longggggg handle you cannot get any pressure on the brush to remove anything stubborn .. Woman has bought three over the years ( she just does not learn !! LOL !! )

They are great for light dirt but the only way to get a decent clean on heavy grime is to get up close and personal :winky:

You would be better off spending the money on one of those weird ladders that go in all shapes and use it as a platform ( which is what I do :thumb: )

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Wife with sponge and on a trampoline works as well. Got the idea from Wallace and Gromit.:thumb:
:ROFLMAO:

Fast forward to 1m 40 for the bit I like

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqm8JGnSshE&list=PL59706F999730B353&feature=player_detailpage"]How to avoid washing a car by Kevin the teenager - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Aldi are selling an extending screen cleaner that works, including a rubber scraper to finish. Bought one and it is even better than expected. About £6 I think.

Alan

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Aldi are selling an extending screen cleaner that works, including a rubber scraper to finish. Bought one and it is even better than expected. About £6 I think.

Alan

Got one of those for the van. It has been on the floor in the back of the car for at least 2 months......:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back