Beagle2895

Free Member
Apr 9, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Just to say I'm new to the site and motor homes, just got a 32 year old mercedes 208d with a pioneer 1204 body. Drives good def build up the arms with no power steering! ::bigsmile: anyway I'm sure I will have questions, just as we'll I'm a sparky been useful already.... :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, sounds as if you have a interesting van there :welcomefunster:

Upvote 0

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Hello and welcome from Leicestershire, enjoy and now your adventures begin.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Welcome Beagle, lots of electrical questions/problems on this site, but the Merc will be mostly steam and clockwork surely ::bigsmile: Things are unnescesarily far too complicated with electronics these days, spoke to a local farmer yesterday who said there's a big market for clean 10 to 15 year old tractors round here as you don't need to plug them into a laptop to change gear.

Upvote 0
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Beagle and a big :welcomefunster: My van is only a baby compared with yours but at14 yrs old still possible for me to do my own maintenance,makes a big difference when you read of the occasional? complex problems on here with some of the new stuff,
Happy times are ahead for you!

Upvote 0

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Just to say I'm new to the site and motor homes, just got a 32 year old mercedes 208d with a pioneer 1204 body. Drives good def build up the arms with no power steering! ::bigsmile: anyway I'm sure I will have questions, just as we'll I'm a sparky been useful already.... :thumb:
Hi and wellcome merc bus was my first camper although a home build

Upvote 0

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Hya Buddy!

I just got a 24 year old Mercedes 208D with a - well, I don't know what body. Don't know how I would find out? It has the brilliant U shaped seating area at the back which turns in to a giant bed! ::bigsmile:

I totally know what you mean about the steering. Although I find you only have to be moving a little bit and it lightens up quite nicely.

Mine came with the 2.3 L engine, and someone has put a turbo on it, which from what I have read, make all the difference.

We should meet up one day, somewhere! :thumb: Start a Mercedes 208D club! lol

Upvote 0

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
well jell!!!

I wanted a merc 208 or 308d with the rear lounge but just couldn't find one when i was ready to buy.

that engine will last forever & is simple to maintain however if you want some oompth there is a turbo conversion available.

& they just look the dogs danglys............

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
well jell!!!

I wanted a merc 208 or 308d with the rear lounge but just couldn't find one when i was ready to buy.

that engine will last forever & is simple to maintain however if you want some oompth there is a turbo conversion available.

& they just look the dogs danglys............

This is true. I read all about this van, and how the engine is under powered. 5th Gear of no use etc... Mine has the turbo, and I can say it is great. We can clime most inclines in 5th, sometimes 4th - some of the bigger longer ones require 3rd!!!! lol. I would say it is well worth the cost.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back