Aires around Biarritz/ St Jean de Luz (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Boo Hoo :cry::cry::cry:, I am finally leaving Camping Villasol, the last of the Beni Crazy Gang here, to wander back towards the UK,

I'm planning for tomorrow night on the Zaragoza service area, but fancy spending the next night at St Jean De Luz or Biarritz area, does any Funster know of any Aires around there or failing that a good camp site locally ?,

Thanks guys,

Ken
:thumb: :drink::drink:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ken, there is an aire at Biarritz, we stopped there a year or so ago on our way home from Spain. Quite a large aire, 50 spaces some with EHU if you are lucky. Cost back then was €10 per night, collected by the local police in the evening. Co-ordinates in the aires book are, N 43'27.990' - W001'34.302. It is on the Avenue de la Milady, enter from the south on the D911. The aire is at the bottom of the hill past the golf course, entrance to the right.
Hope this helps,
Safe journey,
Brisey.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
There is an Aire at St Jean de Luz, it is right by the marina / port very tight for space and usually quite busy all year round.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
There's an aire right at the beach in Ondres. It's at the end of Av de la Plage along Av P Dupruith-L Stayan off the D810 which is junction 7 on the A63.
Free when we used it going down in January and still free in March, coming back. Toilets open on adjacent car park.
Some years we've sun bathed others I could have wind surfed. Wish I'd had the board this year.

Last edited:

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Aire de Milady. South side of Biarritz 43°27′56.0537″N 01°34′19.2948″W :thumb: Jane

Another vote for this one. Handy for a stroll to the beach too. :thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
And do you honestly think you're going to be allowed back in the country after all this time young Ken?:winky:

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Called at the aire in biarritz in mid february to find it occupied by travellers in caravans dogs tied up one corner being used as a toilet etc didn't bother stopping.
One the way back late March we stayed at La Ferme Erromardie just outside St Jean De Luz no 1533 in acsi book good site on sea front.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Called at the aire in biarritz in mid february to find it occupied by travellers in caravans dogs tied up one corner being used as a toilet etc didn't bother stopping.
One the way back late March we stayed at La Ferme Erromardie just outside St Jean De Luz no 1533 in acsi book good site on sea front.

Such a shame about the Biarritz aire.....I hope the police have sorted it since. They are there everyday!
La Ferme was the site we stopped on last April, lovely location (right by the beach) and welcoming owner, did you have a hell ride round the site on a golf cart to 'choose' your pitch?
The reason we did not stop at Biarritz that time was because it was full, along with most aires that way. Especially as we had the car too. We then stayed in the Landes region for several days, 1491 Les Acacias, very nice too. Quiet, great cycling on the old railway line. Good vets a cycle away at St Moliets for those that. Jane :Smile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Boo Hoo :cry::cry::cry:, I am finally leaving Camping Villasol, the last of the Beni Crazy Gang here, to wander back towards the UK,

I'm planning for tomorrow night on the [HI]Zaragoza service area[/HI], but fancy spending the next night at St Jean De Luz or Biarritz area, does any Funster know of any Aires around there or failing that a good camp site locally ?,

Thanks guys,

Ken
:thumb: :drink::drink:

Ken, are you talking about the truck stop?

When I was there last the 12 parking area for Motorhomes were taken up by a family of travellers, car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > They had taken up all the pitches and all of the EHU..

OP
OP
beerdrinker1
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
And do you honestly think you're going to be allowed back in the country after all this time young Ken?:winky:

Probably not Phil, I am a couple of shades darker than my usual Anglo Saxon white :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope you are well, and the new job not too taxing, can't imagine having retired then going back to work like you ! Good man,

:thumb::drink::drink:

OP
OP
beerdrinker1
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Ken, are you talking about the truck stop?

When I was there last the 12 parking area for Motorhomes were taken up by a family of travellers, car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > car >caravan > They had taken up all the pitches and all of the EHU..

Thanks Dave :thumb:, Mike ( quickweh ) had visited there on his way back to the ferry on Sunday and reported the same, he did a body swerve onto the toll road and stayed at the services there, which he reported was very good, well lit, cafe/restaurant etc,

Can I thank all the funsters for all the suggestions for this area, proves once again how bloody good being a member really is !!!!!

:drink:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just a bit further East along the coast is the aire at Anglet (page 65, aire no 119 in last years Aires book).

It is high above the beach and money will be collected by the police. We stayed there last year…….its OK if you get stuck :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back