Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Do you use your toilet?
A friend of ours refused to use their toilet, it was new.... Came the day they did and found it ok, at least for No1's. They established their use of it although were not sure what the light was for near the toilet. They did find out...!
They had thought the wee went into a big tank somewhere.... all part of the learning process.

Alan

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oh dear......

Reminds me of a couple of years ago on the Lauder C&CC site where a couple in a PVC spent about 10 minutes trying to reverse on to a very big pitch much to the frustrated amusement of the warden who showed the patience of Jove.... Then there was much scratching of heads and the fetching of some marigolds. Cassette goes to the chemical point and back followed by lots of buckets of water and plenty of mopping inside the Thetford locker.

Always watch for the little red light and check the level when you open the blade or it could be you!!:Blush:

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We do use ours..
If we're on a nice site with good facilities in good weather then we normally use theirs.. But ours is there to be used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We always use ours, we never go to sites, generally aires in France or Cl's here, and after a large meal and a few sherbets, it can fill up in a day!
Thank goodness for the little red light....

Mrs A won't use the aires, some of them are a little unpleasant.
Me? I can ( and do ) go anywhere :Confused:.

Allan

Upvote 0
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We (or rather the OH) uses it at night rather than run the gauntlet of the many Trolls, Serpents, Jabberwocks and the like that frequent the forgotten path between our pitch (wherever it may happen to be) and the on-site facilities :Eeek:.
Personally I'd rather hang out in an adjacent bush than cave my skull in on our Shower Room Door Head.....:Doh:

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We (or rather the OH) uses it at night rather than run the gauntlet of the many [HI]Trolls, Serpents, Jabberwocks and the like[/HI] that frequent the forgotten path between our pitch (wherever it may happen to be) and the on-site facilities

Hmm we've been there too.. Clapton wasn't it :Cool:

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
All the time. At least I know who has been there before. The other thing is would anyone really want to see me in the middle of the night wandering around in my long johns :RollEyes:

Upvote 0
Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
would anyone really want to see me in the middle of the night wandering around in my long johns :RollEyes:
Aha....... One of the many Trolls, Serpents, Jabberwocks and the like that frequent the forgotten path between our pitch (wherever it may happen to be) and the on-site facilities.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry.....:Blush:

Upvote 0

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The chap who had my van for the ten years before I got it never used it for 2's - said he used a bag then put it in the site bin:Eeek:

As hardened full timers often on cl/cs sites - I've more than made up for it even if I do bang my knees on the door:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Yep, no problems. :Doh:Why buy a MoHo with a toilet if you are not going to use it???????????? Like a guitar without strings.

Nowt like your head in the shower and your arse on the po, biting on the hand basin. :roflmto:

I actually race in there just for a fart - sit down, the magnification is extraordinary and the speed the SWMBO pulls the blinds down when the neighbours cast their gaze in our direction after the magnificent thrumpppp is a sight to behold!

We know what they would like to ask 'who was that'. Without a doubt, enough to save the ships from the rocks on the Bristol Channel for sure.
Like a megaphone...... Try it, we've seen people duck. :roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Yep, no problems. :Doh:Why buy a MoHo with a toilet if you are not going to use it???????????? Like a guitar without strings.

Nowt like your head in the shower and your arse on the po, biting on the hand basin. :roflmto:

I actually race in there just for a fart - sit down, the magnification is extraordinary and the speed the SWMBO pulls the blinds down when the neighbours cast their gaze in our direction after the magnificent thrumpppp is a sight to behold!

We know what they would like to ask 'who was that'. Without a doubt, enough to save the ships from the rocks on the Bristol Channel for sure.
Like a megaphone...... Try it, we've seen people duck. :roflmto:

Trikeman. :winky:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
reminds me of a trip years ago to cornwall. the wife popped into the thunder room and as she sat there farting like a goodun, the wind suddenly roared up on site as if by magic. Turned out to be the tail end of an atlantic hurricane which flattend awnings and tents all over the site and left a few campers in hospital (not funny that bit). till this day, when she disappears into the van loo, I always remind her no farting a hurricane this time love.

so yes, we use the van toilet, but beware the consequences. might be why they fit a lock on the cassette door. motorhomers and caravanners are the most untrusting people ever....even lock their poo away in case somebody knicks it:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Do you use your toilet?
A friend of ours refused to use their toilet, it was new.... Came the day they did and found it ok, at least for No1's. They established their use of it although were not sure what the light was for near the toilet. They did find out...!
They had thought the wee went into a big tank somewhere.... all part of the learning process.

Alan

Of course. We usually choose campsites without toilets, as they are cheaper. Even when we were camping in tents, we'd use our own, bringing along a nice electric flush porta-potti.

The RV helps, as it has a mahoosive black tank. 80 litres is about 4 times a Thetford cassette, so we often don't even bother emptying until we get home.

Upvote 0

Jim and Lorraine

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wiping the tears of laughter from my face after reading Trike mans reply ,:ROFLMAO:

yip we use it as long as the missus empties it, Pardon the pun but I'm a bit anal when it comes to that.:Blush:

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we try to use it little as pos.but it does get used quite a bit.could not do with out it.dont mind using a bush or two.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
always and where else would i read my text massages. could do to be a little bigger, have to position ones buttocks correctly to hit the target.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Can i ask a delicate question. Does all the no 2's dissolve? We have had a caravan for 4 years and we only used the loo for wees, but we are now switching to a Motorhome. So would like to use Cls, aires etc but neither of us want this unpleasant job ! How bad is it to empty?

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
It was the constant fear of queuing for a toilet when tenting that was a primary deciding factor to buy a motorhome.

Having a black tank is certainly better than the cassette, in my experience.

They say an Englishman's toilet is his castle. I don't disagree.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back