Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2006
:thumb:This may have been posted before so sorry if its a repeat.

I have been looking for a low cost data only sim for my ipad and have found Giffgaff.
They offer a number of options depending on you usage requirements. I have opted initially for the £5 per month package which I think will meet my needs.
You do not have to top up every month, so not contract, but your credit only lasts 1 month so no good buying too much until you know what your needs are.
You can change package at any time.

Giffgaff also have sims for phone but I am under contract at present so cannot change but will certainly look at it for the future.

Giffgaff uses o2 network. You need to order your sim online (make sure you order correct size) and then activate and chose package also online.
The goodybags are for phone use and the gigabags are data sims packages.
The is an app available to download which you can use to access your account.:thumb:

Hope you find this info useful

Chris

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been looking at these , and others but they seem to be dear for data in Europe, is there a better one , on my O2 contract phone I get 15 m a day for £1.99 which I know is not a lot of data but I rarely need anymore, with wifi about everywhere, as I see it , I may be wrong , giff gaff want 45p a mb which would make the 15 mb about £6, have I got this right?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Been looking at these , and others but they seem to be dear for data in Europe, is there a better one , on my O2 contract phone I get 15 m a day for £1.99 which I know is not a lot of data but I rarely need anymore, with wifi about everywhere, as I see it , I may be wrong , giff gaff want 45p a mb which would make the 15 mb about £6, have I got this right?
We were in France last month
Stopped at SFR Citi Europe and bought a PAYG data sim. There's a fella called Alexandra (sp?) works there who speaks perfect English (probably better than mine!), who knows what you'll need and write (dead easy) registration and APN details for you
For everything else - good old Mcdonalds have free wifi :thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Stopped at SFR Citi Europe and bought a PAYG data sim. There's a fella called Alexandra (sp?) works there who speaks perfect English (probably better than mine!), who knows what you'll need and write (dead easy) registration and APN details for you

How much , for what data was that, if I may ask.
Cheers

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001

In the past I found that with these SIMs

1. the credit expired very quickly even if unused
2. they could only be topped up in the UK with a credit card registered in France
3. they expired if unused for six months

Have the conditions changed/improved or do you just throw them away each year?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Doesn't seem as if anyone knows then, just hope this fon thing is working now:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back