Campervan Diary video 14: First night out - part 2, Kessingland (1 Viewer)

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
After an afternoon at Southwold, I drove on to Kessingland - for my first night's sleep in our little T25 campervan!

[ame]http://youtu.be/2pSZ4sAD950[/ame]

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
As always very professional nice to see you getting out and about and well:thumb:

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Enjoyed the vid. Looks like you have a tidy air cooled T3 there :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Hi Chris
Another really nice video of your east Anglian adventures. As an Essex boy always interested in tales from close to home and you never fail ,well done and keep it up. :Smile:

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Thanks for the kind replies - delighted that you're enjoying the clips, because I'm enjoying making them again!

I've got a project in mind that I'd like to carry through soon, so I'm just getting in practice for it! It will probably include a night or two in Essex, Zains Pops, so I might have to see what injections I need to cross the border! ::bigsmile:

Water cooled 1.9 petrol, Westy77 . . but I like it!

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks for the kind replies - delighted that you're enjoying the clips, because I'm enjoying making them again!

I've got a project in mind that I'd like to carry through soon, so I'm just getting in practice for it! It will probably include a night or two in Essex, Zains Pops, so I might have to see what injections I need to cross the border! ::bigsmile:

Water cooled 1.9 petrol, Westy77 . . but I like it!

Ah, sorry, just noticed the lower grill is white. Great vans, our last four before the m/home we have now were T3's :Smile:

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Ah, sorry, just noticed the lower grill is white. Great vans, our last four before the m/home we have now were T3's :Smile:

All modern then! I would have probably been as well off buying something newer with all the work we've had done on this, but you don't know before you buy, do you? :Doh:

westy77

Free Member
Feb 17, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
All modern then! I would have probably been as well off buying something newer with all the work we've had done on this, but you don't know before you buy, do you? :Doh:

I think every VW I've had has bitten me somehow. Biggest thing to watch for on the T3 is rust in the seams, cab steps, behind front bumper. Engine wise with the water cooled the coolant needs regular change as the properties break down in the coolant and rot the cylinder head studs.

If your engine ever lets go and you really like the van and its worth saving, you need to get a Subaru lump in the back. The Legacy and Impeza engines are the same flat four design. It's a bit of work, but you get a lot more go go power. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ChrisG46

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
I think every VW I've had has bitten me somehow. Biggest thing to watch for on the T3 is rust in the seams, cab steps, behind front bumper. Engine wise with the water cooled the coolant needs regular change as the properties break down in the coolant and rot the cylinder head studs.

If your engine ever lets go and you really like the van and its worth saving, you need to get a Subaru lump in the back. The Legacy and Impeza engines are the same flat four design. It's a bit of work, but you get a lot more go go power. ::bigsmile:

Gonna be driving around with my fingers crossed from here-on in, Westy. There was a van in the garage when I was having some work done, and that had to have a new VW engine . . £1300+ . . . poor chap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back