LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well it had to happen sooner of later but I've finally seen the light. After spending this weekend on a CL with 5 thuggers they have convinced me that I'm wrong and that I need to make the switch.

Firstly, they are much easy to transport thesedsys thanks to the wonder of the modern 4x4... Not only can this be used to tow a van but can also be used round town and to drop kids off due to their robustness.

The modern day caravaner has a motor mover, these things rock,,, you can now sit in your house and move the van around the drive, this is something I can't do with a MH and well worth it.

Rollie bowlie wow how good are these things? Where as the motor mover rocks, these things roll...straight from the water tap without an issue, no more stretching a hose from my hose pipe to water filler for me anymore when I can have one of these.

Great people have caravans, people like Edwina curry for starters :thumb:

So goodbye Motorhomers see you on Caravan4fun.com:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I`m sure you will feel better... tomorrow.... once you have sobered up, Paul... :thumb: :winky:::bigsmile:

If this is true good luck... :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Caravaners all know so much more too, they told me that once I was on a site I was stuck there.. But having the car they were not, see its logical, when your parked up your f****d in a Motorhome, routed there forever, bit in a caravan you can move off and go shopping:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
they're coming to take you away ha ha
they're coming to take you away.
I always knew mixing with all of those psychiatric patients would rub off on you one day,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul can you not just buy a 4x4 and an A frame and tow the MH that way you have the best of both worlds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Not sure if your serious or not but caravans make sense to us.

The more we look at them the more convinced we get that it could be the future for us.
Had a good look around them at the NEC this year and there are some fantastic layouts and a fraction of the price of a motorhome especially as we already have a tow vehicle.
My aunt and uncle have been full timers for over 20 years travelling all over Europe and had a m/home for less than 12 months then went back to a caravan. Also I was reading http://www.magbaztravels.com/ today and they've gone back to a caravan as well and they're serious travellers.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Hell, what am I doing wrong then?

I have three 4x4's and yet I still bought a motorhome.

My wife's reasoning (correct) is she said 'you can't feel passionate about it if it doesn't have an engine'.

Anyway, good luck to you if you've switched. :thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Sorry but I like sittin up there looking down :thumb:
Most Aires are in or near town
We have a BIG fridge for booze and bikes to fetch more and some food :Doh:
Take your temperature Paul!

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
There's no way we could tow a caravan and still take our large motorcycle, so caravans are definitely NOT the answer. And so... I'm out.::bigsmile:

But good luck to you Paul.:thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Sorry but I like sittin up there looking down :thumb:
Most Aires are in or near town
We have a BIG fridge for booze and bikes to fetch more and some food :Doh:
Take your temperature Paul!

Ah yes, but I have written to the French Spannish and German governments,,, I have written to the EU and said that aires are in fact discriminatory against the caravan and the Eu have agreed and will be forcing these governments to open up what will be known as " fresh aires" for caravans only.

I have a panda 4x4 on order so will be looking at a 27ft hobby to tow as soon as I've sold/swapped the Motorhome :thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Think of the "Gassing"... Paul... :Eeek:

Caravans are so much easier to be gassed in... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Think of the "Gassing"... Paul... :Eeek:

Caravans are so much easier to be gassed in... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Yes mo, but don't you sleep in the car? I thought you only cooked in the caravan and used the toilet? I couldn't see any beds in the ones I looked at :Eeek:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well it had to happen sooner of later but I've finally seen the light. After spending this weekend on a CL with 5 thuggers they have convinced me that I'm wrong and that I need to make the switch.

Firstly, they are much easy to transport thesedsys thanks to the wonder of the modern 4x4... Not only can this be used to tow a van but can also be used round town and to drop kids off due to their robustness.

The modern day caravaner has a motor mover, these things rock,,, you can now sit in your house and move the van around the drive, this is something I can't do with a MH and well worth it.

Rollie bowlie wow how good are these things? Where as the motor mover rocks, these things roll...straight from the water tap without an issue, no more stretching a hose from my hose pipe to water filler for me anymore when I can have one of these.

Great people have caravans, people like Edwina curry for starters :thumb:

So goodbye Motorhomers see you on :helpsos::spam::groan:Caravan4fun.com:thumb:

Forgive him

For he knows

Not wot e said

He's a suffering

From mixamecampingosis

:fatbuddha::fatbuddha::fatbuddha:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
in all seriousness, we have the motorhome and a twin axle caravan with 4x4 to tow it. not used the caravan for over 12 months since we gave up the semi permanent pitch. i love the caravan, but hate towing it and the faff setting up when you get somewhere

putting it up for sale in the next week or so, as i honestly cant see us using it again and its just £11k sat there going to waste. may use the cash to upgrade the motorhome to a better model or newer tag axle. now if i could get the caravan layout on a coachbuilt motorhome, i would buy one tomorrow without flinching. rear end shower room, fixed single beds, kitchen with huge fridge and a big comfy lounge at the front. just perfect and could easily live in it full time

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We think its a great idea Paul.

Towed ours down to Spain in November, put it on the pitch with the motor mover. ::bigsmile:
We have a 40ltr onboard tank but don't bother with that just roll the 2 x 40ltr Aquarolls over to the tap, no we don't have a service pitch :Smile: not that I'm a tight git :winky: I need to have something to do.:ROFLMAO:
Put my roll along waste master under the caravan. :RollEyes:
Spent about an hour putting our supper dooper awning up, get the chairs out and open a beer................................Job done.
Take it all down and pack up after 5 months and tow it 500 meters into the compound, get it out again in October and do it all again. :thumb:

But if I was you, pass on the 4 x 4 and get yourself a little van conversion. ::bigsmile:

But I will point out motorhomes / campervans are for touring, and caravans are for staying .......................................And your too young to stay. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Has there been some sort of time slip been away in Norfolk for the weekend and come back to april the first.............try doing that in a caravan:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Yes mo, but don't you sleep in the car? I thought you only cooked in the caravan and [HI]used the toilet[/HI]? I couldn't see any beds in the ones I looked at :Eeek:

Now I know your taking the pi$$. No one uses the toilet in their caravan!!:whatthe::Eeek::whatthe:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
AND you'll have to buy furry slippers a shower cap and toilet bag! for your trip to the ablushuns :ROFLMAO: Go great with your fresian wunsy :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Ah yes, but I have written to the French Spannish and German governments,,, I have written to the EU and said that aires are in fact discriminatory against the caravan and the Eu have agreed and will be forcing these governments to open up what will be known as " fresh aires" for caravans only.

[HI]I have a panda 4x4 on order so will be looking at a 27ft hobby to tow as soon as I've sold/swapped the Motorhome :thumb:
[/HI]

You have a lot to learn Paul, to tow a Hobby Caravan you need a Transit Van or even better Twin Wheel Truck. :Doh: Bob.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You are treating Haggers disgracefully.

I fully support him in his new thinking re caravans.

To prove this I will no longer be buying the new £300 season ticket for the extended stand at the Etihad next season.

Instead I am buying a season ticket for Crystal Palace.

I will also be buying a baseball cap and track suit so I can adopt the style of Tony Pulis...

Come on you Eagles...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back