Somewhere to stay for the night near Dover?? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

We are off to France and Spain for 9 weeks a week on Thursday and wondered if anybody could suggest an overnight stop somewhere near Dover. We have a 10 oclock ferry in the morning so need to be at the port reasonably early.

We spent the night in a boggy field and paid £10!!! (Caravan club CL) in April and would rather not experience that again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ginny

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi,

We are off to France and Spain for 9 weeks a week on Thursday and wondered if anybody could suggest an overnight stop somewhere near Dover. We have a 10 oclock ferry in the morning so need to be at the port reasonably early.

We spent the night in a boggy field and paid £10!!! (Caravan club CL) in April and would rather not experience that again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ginny

I have stopped at the ferry car park several times or marina car park.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have stopped at the ferry car park several times or marina car park.

Do you mean we can go into the Dover terminal and stay overnight in the carpark?

We did this on the way back in Dunkerque and it was great, we had showers and everything was fine, a bit noisy but very convenient.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
We always stay on Dover sea front (free after 17.30hrs until 08.00hrs) Just a minutes drive to the ferry port and nice and quiet, If you go along the dual carriageway to the ferry entrance island, go around and back the way you came and turn second left, you can turn first left but I wouldn't advise it if you have anything larger than a van conversion (although I once got round with a Hymer 544 before I found the correct entrance !!!!) Depending on the time of year you should find other motorhomes doing the same. We have stopped there for the last three years with no problem.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Teasy
You could stay on Marine drive as robley suggests, many do.
You could stay at the dover patrol memorial, it's a wild camp on top of the cliffs with a tea rooms and stunning view (weather permitting)
You could stay at the canterbury park-and-ride £2 per 24hrs but half an hour from dover, but free buses in and out of canterbury.
If you go for the memorial the tea rooms does a nice cuppa :thumb:

regards...nige

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We always stay on Dover sea front (free after 17.30hrs until 08.00hrs) Just a minutes drive to the ferry port and nice and quiet, If you go along the dual carriageway to the ferry entrance island, go around and back the way you came and turn second left, you can turn first left but I wouldn't advise it if you have anything larger than a van conversion (although I once got round with a Hymer 544 before I found the correct entrance !!!!) Depending on the time of year you should find other motorhomes doing the same. We have stopped there for the last three years with no problem.

Hi, is that the dual carriageway which is the hill? you come down the hill on the left of the terminal, turn round the island and then go back up, or have I got it all wrong? Michael says I have no sense of direction, but at least with Tom Tom, he has someone else to blame if we get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Ginny,

Just going out, but will send you map & gps coord. later.

Keith

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi,

Lost count of the number of times this same question has been on the board!

If you follow 'robbleys' directions you cannot go wrong. Marine Parade is the esplanade directly on the sea front. As you approach Dover ferry port you will see a large block of flats facing the sea. Marine Parade goes along in front of those flats. There are always a few mh's parked up and nobody will give you any mither.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back