Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
If your motorhome has a solar panel, is it possible to leave a small heater running off the leisure battery when your motorhome is not in use e.g. over the winter? I'm new to all of this and it strikes me that it would be nice to keep the damp our of the vehicle when it's not in use.:Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If your motorhome has a solar panel, is it possible to leave a small heater running off the leisure battery when your motorhome is not in use e.g. over the winter? I'm new to all of this and it strikes me that it would be nice to keep the damp our of the vehicle when it's not in use.:Eeek:
Now let me think solar panel in winter about .1 amp per hour small heater say 600W = 50 amps per hour. 110 amp/hr battery killed beyond redemption in about 2 hours? So I think the answer is no.

You cannot run any heating device for any length off a 12v battery no matter how many solar panels you have in winter or at any time come to think of it.

I suggest you read up on 12v electricity, batteries and solar panels to get some idea of what can and cannot be done. There are lots of threads on here to check sorry if the first part sounded a bit flippant it was a genuine question and I don't wish to put you off asking, if you don't ask no one will tell you. Welcome aboard by the way.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back