Problem problem help! (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Noticed this afternoon, that there is about 5mls of what could be Brake fluid (tasted it, acrid taste, smooth on the finger tips tho)
lying around the foot of the kick guard ,that protects the two cables(???) that lead down to the gearbox, in the middle of the floor of the cab of our 02 ducatto.
No signs of drips, both cables dry, Master cylinder slightly lower than supposed to be, but only marginal, must admit I have only viewed it thro the plastic in the past.
It's booked in for Monday afternoon at Bridge Street Motors, St Austell for them to have a squizz,

Any Ideas as to why?

T I A :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Hmmm.... Guess it has to be either brake fluid or power steering fluid? Could you perhaps match it to a drop of each???
Unless it's cats Pee :RollEyes:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
sounds like a hydaulic oil.... should have quite a distinct smell, i certainly would not be "licking it off my fingers "! takes the lining off your tummy!

so as said above poss power steering or brake fluid..

have you wiped it clean and done a short run to see if it reappears?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If it is brake fluid the only place it could come from to get where you found it is the clutch master cylinder, this is fed from the brake master cylinder reservoir so would explain the lower level in that.

D.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sounds like a hydaulic oil.... should have quite a distinct smell, i certainly would not be "licking it off my fingers "! [HI] takes the lining off your tummy![/HI]

so as said above poss power steering or brake fluid..

have you wiped it clean and done a short run to see if it reappears?

yeah.....like sitting on a concrete step gives you piles......:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Noticed this afternoon, that there is about 5mls of what could be Brake fluid ([HI]tasted it, acrid taste[/HI], smooth on the finger tips tho)
lying around the foot of the kick guard ,that protects the two cables(???) that lead down to the gearbox, in the middle of the floor of the cab of our 02 ducatto.
No signs of drips, both cables dry, Master cylinder slightly lower than supposed to be, but only marginal, must admit I have only viewed it thro the plastic in the past.
It's booked in for Monday afternoon at Bridge Street Motors, St Austell for them to have a squizz,

Any Ideas as to why?

T I A :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Add a bit of gin and tonic next time, sure it will taste better.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have you had new disc pads fitted ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If it is brake fluid the only place it could come from to get where you found it is the clutch master cylinder, this is fed from the brake master cylinder reservoir so would explain the lower level in that.

D.

Yes it's definitely brake fluid , it hasn't the red tinge from the Power Steering fluid, cheers Dave I'll "suggest " this to the macnics at the garage

Have you had new disc pads fitted ?

No , nothing like that happened during it's last service/MOT

Once again Fellas you've come through,:clap::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back