Twice Bitten Third Time Shy... Do Not Buy A Seagate Wireless Plus... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
At least I can vent my disappointment here on Fun.

In November/December I treated myself to an early Christmas present...

A Seagate Wireless Plus, a 1 TB external hard drive which connects to your device(s) wirelessly and has its own internal power supply.

A seemingly great, Geeky Gadget.

Charge it up and off you go. Carry it in your pocket and have access to hundreds and hundreds of films, weeks of music and thousands of photos...

Having transferred simply masses of stuff over to it... It broke down.

Back to shop... They will try and fix it and save the content but promising nothing.

A month later no text message from them so return to the store.

"We don't fix those, we give you a new one or your money back..."

So all that content gone...

I chose to have a new one because when working it was brilliant in the van...

Just finished watching an episode or two of the West Wing and the replacement has broken.

Of course I could have been unlucky and got the only two faulty ones in Europe or...

€180 and breaks down on me?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Take care if you were thinking of getting one.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
It comes as no surprise to me, everything one buys today is built down to a price & seems to be generally :censored:2

I'm just back from a week in France staying in a brand new luxury apartment, day one & the TV packed up (they replaced it), day two & the fridge freezer packed up (they replaced it), on day three I got stuck in the lift when it failed :RollEyes:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a Seagate 3TB jobbie that plugs into my home router and gives me remote access from anywhere in the world. I do regular back-ups just in case. Seams like a good bit of kit.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I looked at the Seagate Wireless Plus a few weeks ago when considering what to replace a WD NAS drive with after WD refused to support software.

Decided to get a Seagate Central (4TB) instead - probably the larger version of the one Buttons has. Works OK up to now.

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
At least I can vent my disappointment here on Fun.

In November/December I treated myself to an early Christmas present...

A Seagate Wireless Plus, a 1 TB external hard drive which connects to your device(s) wirelessly and has its own internal power supply.

A seemingly great, Geeky Gadget.

Charge it up and off you go. Carry it in your pocket and have access to hundreds and hundreds of films, weeks of music and thousands of photos...

Having transferred simply masses of stuff over to it... It broke down.

Back to shop... They will try and fix it and save the content but promising nothing.

A month later no text message from them so return to the store.

"We don't fix those, we give you a new one or your money back..."

So all that content gone...

I chose to have a new one because when working it was brilliant in the van...

Just finished watching an episode or two of the West Wing and the replacement has broken.

Of course I could have been unlucky and got the only two faulty ones in Europe or...

€180 and breaks down on me?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Take care if you were thinking of getting one.

should have gone to radio rentals :Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
OK someone had to tell you JJ I have looked it up and the error most common is ID-10-t error:ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I looked at the Seagate Wireless Plus a few weeks ago when considering what to replace a WD NAS drive with after WD refused to support software.

Decided to get a Seagate Central (4TB) instead - probably the larger version of the one Buttons has. Works OK up to now.
That is the one:thumb: So far so good. I dont use the auto back-up just drag and drop what I need.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That is the one:thumb: So far so good. I dont use the auto back-up just drag and drop what I need.

The auto backup isn't bad but a bit flaky. Not as good as Memeo which came with our previous WD drive but is no longer supported but OK. We use drag/drop and other methods in addition to other external drives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OK someone had to tell you JJ I have looked it up and the error most common is ID-10-t error:ROFLMAO:

My legal people have checked over this post and, while they feel it might be a tad over the top to seek full legal redress on the grounds libel, they do advise that I should allow them to strike you off my Christmas Card List.

However, given that Christmas is so far away and the fact that I am a forgiving old soul, I have decided to get them to keep an eye on your future with a view to a reprieve assuming that no further similar despicable slurs ensue.

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
My internal hard drive on my server failed, I wrote to the CEO and the following was their reply..

"Your case has been given to Seagate Corporate Escalations. I would like speak to you personally, if you do not mind?

Is the phone number XXXXXXXX a number at which I may reach you or is XXXXXXXXX preferable? Also, what would be a time between 7:00am-4pm UK time that I may call you?

Kind Regards,
Quincy T.
Seagate Corporate Escalations."

They rang me from the USA, listened and understood the issues and I got the whole mess sorted out

Contact their CEO..
Stephen Luczo CEO

Email stephen.luczo@seagate.com

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
My legal people checked it first and said it was ok as he cannot sue you for telling the truth:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
JJ knows I am pulling his leg he pretends to be "injured":ROFLMAO:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
i aint got nowt to backup :Smile:
Awww :Sad:

Like others I have a Seagate Central connected to my wireless network router for all my video, audio & photo content (which is copied, as a backup onto a different brand of usb hdd plugged into the Seagate).

It seems, touch wood, to be a simple, efficient & cost effective solution.

Of course all data should be regularly backed up, and depending on one's level of ocd/paranoia, a copy kept offsite - as all hard drives are prone to failure, eventually.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
JJ, its worth complaining, the reason being that Seagate may not be aware of the issues, if purchasers, stores etc never feedback then they may have either a design fault, or production fault.

Informing them or a compliant should be treated as an asset something positive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back