Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi, We are Paul and Ineke.
We live in Vlissingen, Holland and we bought a camper this year !!

First we enjoyed having a tent and went out with our kids for 17 years
than we were able to buy a caravan and enjoyed it for 18 years​
and this year we bought ourselves a camper and we hope to enjoy it for another 19 years with our kids and grandchildren​
after that i think we will enjoy our space ship for another 20 years :Doh:​
Its a Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD built 1991/2, with a Burstner lowline livingcompartment

We are very satisfied, but... we want to do more regarding to safety.
I would like to have safetybelts, otherwise i would never take my grandchildren with me in this fine camper:shout:

Therefore the first thing we will be looking for here has got everything to do with installing safety belts :helpsos: Anyone done this before ??

My level of experience with a camper is almost zero, but we have been to Scandinavia 20TimesPlus, and we do know a lot about campinglive.

I hope you don't mind that a dutch couple join(t)s :ROFLMAO:you, and if we misinterpret the language just laugh -be patient- and help us improving our english

Paul and Ineke

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Paul and Ineke. You are most welcome here. Please do join in the fun:thumb::thumb:

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hoi Ineke en Paul,

Ook ik heet jullie van harte welkom.
Ik woon in engeland en had een duitse kampeerauto en zijn nu aan het kijken voor de volgende.
Iedereen zal wel gaan gillen dat het in het engels moet en dat doen we dan ook maar vanaf nu.
I can't help you with the seatbelts but I am sure I'll be able to answer other questions.

Groetjes

Maddie

and for you foreigners that did not understand this I would say : tough
:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcome::welcome: from me too, nice helpful friendly folk here - enjoy :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just tested the Google Translator, is it close::bigsmile:

I called you a warm welcome.
I live in england and had a German campers and are now looking to the next.
Everyone's going to go squeal that in the english should and do we even now.

:roflmto:

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
A warm WELKOM to you both, delighted to have you here!! We often see motorhomes from Netherlands on our travels. Ana and Pablo! xx

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Welcome to the forum. We were in Vlissingen a month ago for our friends wedding, Michiel & Danielle Bil who were brought up in Vlissingen but now live next door at Koudekerke. We stayed on one of the many small farm campings at Koudekerke. Zeeland is our favourite part of Holland, beautiful beaches and lovely old Towns such as Veera & Middleburg. The only thing that spoils it for us Visitors is having to pay nearly 17 Euros to go through the new Tunnel under the River ::bigsmile: Can't win them all I suppose, at least you dont have many toll roads in Holland.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb: Hi and wecome :thumb:your english is good enough for me to understand,so I hope you can get along with mine:ROFLMAO: I do not know your particuler model m/h but did fit rear seatbelts to one of my old m/h's.I would firstly remove the cusion's and see if there is somthing suitable to fasten the seat belts to :thumb: perhaps metal framwork on seats? or maybe fasten them to the floor ?I went to our local scrapyard and bought some long seatbelts (complete)from a van and fixed them to the metal seat frame work on mine - 2 bolts and a couple of self drilling/tappers TEC screws job done.The tec screws were used where I was tight to the side and could not get in to fit bolts.Hope this helps :thumb:
terry

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

:roflmto:

I love it, Jim :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I could have written that myself :Blush:

Maddie

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi, We are Paul and Ineke.
We live in Vlissingen, Holland and we bought a camper this year !!

I hope you don't mind that a dutch couple join(t)s :ROFLMAO:you, and if we misinterpret the language just laugh -be patient- and help us improving our english

Paul and Ineke
My ex-wife isn't british but is fluent in five languages (including english) and still annoys me by continuing to go to English classes as she still thinks her english isn't good enough!

I would not worry about improving your english......it's good enough for most of us here, and in some cases a lot better!!

Been in your country many times and only a few weeks ago i was in Arnhem (to see the bridge of course!), and found it a lovely town to walk around.

Super coffee bars.....everywhere!! :thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!

English as she is rotten.
May I also welcome you, I have family in Brussels and Antwerp and used to use the Sherness Vlissengen crossing rgularly. It was just 2 hours from Antwerp and better that the channel cattle boats. Now I am forced to use the Channel crossings,even Ostend and Zeebrugges seem to have fallen out of favour.
Welcom to the site I'm sure you will learn a lot and also be able to tell us a great deal about touring The Netherlands,it makes a nice change from France etc.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the site, enjoy the fun, and do not forget the chat room. I am there most evenings.I look forward to chatting with you.:thumb:

OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
The only thing that spoils it for us Visitors is having to pay nearly 17 Euros to go through the new Tunnel under the River ::bigsmile: Can't win them all I suppose, at least you dont have many toll roads in Holland.

Hi Tony, y're right they ask a lot of money for the tunnel.
It has got all to do with measures :Doh: My camper is a Lowline and not that high so when we use the tunnel we only pay 6 euro 80 :Category 2: vehicles with a length > 6 metres and a height = 2.50 metres.(most of the vehicles in Category 1 with trailer).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
I would firstly remove the cusion's and see if there is somthing suitable to fasten the seat belts to :thumb: perhaps metal framwork on seats? or maybe fasten them to the floor ? Yes there is a metal framework which is fasten to the floor I went to our local scrapyard and bought some long seatbelts (complete)from a van and fixed them to the metal seat frame work on mine - 2 bolts and a couple of self drilling/tappers TEC screws job done.The tec screws were used where I was tight to the side and could not get in to fit bolts. Sounds easy enough, even I could do this :Blush:

Hi Terry
Is it safe enough to fasten the safety belts to this metal frame work?
It looks like this frame work is fastened to the housing and floor, not to the chassis itself

OP
OP
Onderweg

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Do not forget the chat room. I am there most evenings.I look forward to chatting with you.:thumb:

We have just started and there is a lot information here. (I hate to hear that a question posed has already been answered several times on a forum :cry:) We will certainly get to the chatroom as well :thumb: Even better, i will have a quick look right now

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul,(we met briefly last night) it is your call as to if this is strong enough to fix the belts to ?Give the seat a good tug then make up your mind ::bigsmile:Is it possible to bolt the seat to the chassis?They are your loved ones you are belting in.I was v/happy with the fixings I did on mine plus on the year it did not have to have them so I saw it as a bonus to fasten the passengers in even though not required.Come to that we only made 1 jorney where we used them so not realy worth the bother as we had a accident free trip,still better safe than sorry.You could always get a mot centre to inspect (or dutch equivelent)but as I say ,your call :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back