Help reqd. re EBL panel (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Anyone got any suggestions (preferably sensible ones, but humorous replies always lighten the day) for the following?
I have just replaced both batteries on our Frankia and on checking the voltage levels on the onboard panel noticed that whilst switched to the leisure battery everything was OK. However when switched to the engine battery the display was dull and only showing 8V. The voltage rapidly dropped to zero. On checking the battery (across the terminals) there was about 13V showing. Went back today and checked again and the panel was showing zero but across the terminals was normal. The engine starts up fine and there doesn't appear to be any other malfunctions.
The display panel is the IT264-8 and the control block is the EBL264-9D.

A supplementary question, as the EBL block has dedicated terminals for solar panel feeds, will it have a in built controller?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Cannot help with the battery calibration question. You could email Udo Lang at Schaudt who is very helpful and speaks good English, or contact A&N Caravan Services who are UK based.

Udo Lang, technical support
Schaudt GmbH Elektrotechnik & Apparatebau
Planckstr. 8 - 88677 Markdorf - Germany
email: udo.lang@schaudt-gmbh.de
Tel. +49 7544 9577-70 Fax +49 - 7544 - 9577-29

http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/schaudt-elektroblock.php

Regarding the second question, EBLs do not have a solar regulator built in. The input block is to take the feed from a Shaudt LR1218 solar regulator (about £70) and available from A&N. Don't be tempted to fit a regulator of a different make - that can cause problems of incompatibility.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Cannot help with the battery calibration question. You could email Udo Lang at Schaudt who is very helpful and speaks good English, or contact A&N Caravan Services who are UK based.

R[HI]egarding the second question, EBLs do not have a solar regulator built in. The input block is to take the feed from a Shaudt LR1218 solar regulator (about £70) and available from A&N. Don't be tempted to fit a regulator of a different make - that can cause problems of incompatibility.
[/HI]

agree on this its a simple plug and play system...:thumb:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Regarding the second question, EBLs do not have a solar regulator built in. The input block is to take the feed from a Shaudt LR1218 solar regulator (about £70) and available from A&N. Don't be tempted to fit a regulator of a different make - that can cause problems of incompatibility.

There should be no problem with a different make of regulator (mine has one fitted & working) as long as you connect the output of the regulator to the correct EBL terminals. The solar panel itself should be connected directly to whatever regulator you choose and not to the EBL. My particular interest in this is that I'm about to change the existing regulator for a MPPT version which is why I know what is fitted now and how it is connected.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
This is the reply from Udo,

Please check the 20A fuse close to the starter battery. When this fuse is old and the contacts are bad, there can be effects like you have at the panel.

I will be going over to the van which is in storage to check this out. The Frankia has the Fiat 2.8JTD engine assembly so do you think that Udo is referring to a fuse in,

A. The fuse box in the engine compartment,
B. The fuse box in the cab,
C. Non of the above but one located elsewhere.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
There should be no problem with a different make of regulator (mine has one fitted & working) as long as you connect the output of the regulator to the correct EBL terminals. The solar panel itself should be connected directly to whatever regulator you choose and not to the EBL. My particular interest in this is that I'm about to change the existing regulator for a MPPT version which is why I know what is fitted now and how it is connected.

It depends on the age of the EBL. Earlier ones such as EBL99 and 100 will work with other solar regulators. Later models including EBL 101, 220 and 264 should use the LR1218. That is the professional's advice anyway - there have been reported problems with other makes of regulator (one post recently by Dave Newell in the last couple of weeks).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back