any good dehumidifiers out there for around £100 (1 Viewer)

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
i had a small leak
for a couple of weeks i had a leak from the large skylight on the roof,
sussed it and sorted i even popped it fully out got into the roof cavaty pulled out slightly damp but not bad insulation ,refilled once i dried it out,
resealed and complete, good job done, it think it happened while i was walking and working up there putting on solar panels and satellite dome the seal moves and cracks around large roof vent thats my theory,,,,,,
however there is no smell or damp i have checked however does anyone recommend a good dehumidifier on the uk market for around £100 mark,

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Humidifier

Take a look at B&Q own model very effective but slightly more than your budget :thumb:Dehumidifier

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Why not rent one if you don't think you will need it again in the future?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
I fear that unless you have the hugest humidifier in the world, it will not dry out your motor home, unless you place the MH in a hermetically sealed cocoon.
You will spend a fortune using scarce resources to dry out the atmosphere around the UK, as fresh air will continue to enter your MH, replacing the air that you have possibly dried!:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I fear that unless you have the hugest humidifier in the world, it will not dry out your motor home, unless you place the MH in a hermetically sealed cocoon.
You will spend a fortune using scarce resources to dry out the atmosphere around the UK, as fresh air will continue to enter your MH, replacing the air that you have possibly dried!:Eeek:

couldnt agree more.

Folks who claim they get a constant absorption of water are kidding themselves.
If indeed it was from the motorhome then it must be saturated to start with.
Its only moisture from the incoming air which is being collected.

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Check out the ECOAIR Dessicant Humidifier Model: DD122FW I have one excellent unit. Dried out our van efficiently, we also use it as a clothes drier and general humidity control within our home. My son in law uses one in his sea going motor launch.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
geo glasgow

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
got this one argos £99

Broken Link Removed

il keep it running in the motorhome for a week then my garage then there's a wee cupboard in the house that could use it for a few days,,,,
but m/nome untill all is well.. that's priority , worth a try just to be on the safe side...:thumb: thanks..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back