Why such differences between accessory dealers...... not price? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Looking to purchase a Kampa Motor Rally 390L awning (poles not blow up).

The 2014 version is in Pearl Grey rather than the Gold.

Responses so far from different dealers.

They don`t do it in Pearl Grey...
We ordered last October and are `hoping` they will be in this week but can`t guarantee...
We can order one but can`t guarantee when it will arrive....
Should get some in by the end of the month but not sure which ones will arrive...
We have them on order but it may be next month when they arrive...

And one rang me back after checking with Kampa and said.......

Kampa have it in stock and I can order it today and they will send it direct to you by the end of the week.

So if one can do this, why can`t the rest? This one is just a Caravan Accessory place and by no means the biggest I wouldn`t think. But seems to have more clout with Kampa than all the rest.

I am waiting for another couple of call backs, price is about the same everywhere.

Just intrigued by how these companies work.......

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Looking to purchase a Kampa Motor Rally 390L awning (poles not blow up).

The 2014 version is in Pearl Grey rather than the Gold.

Responses so far from different dealers.

They don`t do it in Pearl Grey...
We ordered last October and are `hoping` they will be in this week but can`t guarantee...
We can order one but can`t guarantee when it will arrive....
Should get some in by the end of the month but not sure which ones will arrive...
We have them on order but it may be next month when they arrive...

And one rang me back after checking with Kampa and said.......

Kampa have it in stock and I can order it today and they will send it direct to you by the end of the week.

So if one can do this, why can`t the rest? This one is just a Caravan Accessory place and by no means the biggest I wouldn`t think. But seems to have more clout with Kampa than all the rest.

I am waiting for another couple of call backs, price is about the same everywhere.

Just intrigued by how these companies work.......

I suspect some places will tell you what you want to hear. I suggest you contact Kampa yourself to verify what you are being told.

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I suspect some places will tell you what you want to hear. I suggest you contact Kampa yourself to verify what you are being told.

Most are telling me what I don`t want to hear.

I think it has something to do with the price they pre-order at, as in possibly back in October.

Just spoke to another guy who said they had pallets from kampa arriving all the time but he couldn`t say exactly when or what was on them till they arrived. At first he was trying to say I had to keep ringing up until I eventually dropped on a day they had one in..... mmmmm, yeh right.

When I quizzed him on the process he eventually said. "We can if you want just order one from kampa and they will send it to you in a couple of days":Doh:

So I am assuming all of the dealers can do the same, but for some reason don`t want to. Has to be about the price they pay to kampa.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I see from your avitar you have a bike.. So you should be used to dealing with these crappy places that are staffed by folk who are bone idle and really cannot be arsed with anything more complicated than taking your money and giving zero customer service :Angry:

As already suggested, contact the maker your self.. and tell them about all the firms who have tried to fob you off ( pretty obvious they have last years stock to shift still )

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
..................... or because they just want to sell the stock they have in, before ordering any more - turnover !

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I know what you mean but not exactly the case here as it is a 2014 item I want. No one is trying to sell me anything else. Just not going out of their way to sell me what I do want and what they can order direct from Kampa by making a phone call.

Another has rang back to say it is in stock at Kampa and they can send it direct in a couple of days.

I think if they order it now it costs them more than the ones they ordered a few months ago and so less profit in it for them. That is the only thing that makes sense.

At least 6 people I have spoken to today could have done the same it seems and took my money, but for whatever reason chose not to.

Oh well, their loss, at least I know I can get one before we travel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You should have phoned us first, we still have two in stock but they could well sell if your not quick 01-580-883062

They are not on the website yet as they are 2014.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back