in the van (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
having problem sleeping at the moment so come out to the van I find I sleep beater in the van than any ware.
my depression demons don't seen to bother me her dos any one do the sam if thing are a bit much in the house or is it just me being a sado :Sad:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Not a Sado at all, Bill.
It takes balls to recognise the demons and to deal with them openly.
Power to your elbow, mukka.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I don't need to sleep in the van for any reason but I do find I sleep better & for longer in the MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Bill for what ever reason I always sleep well in the van, just seems extra relaxing, hope you get some sleep tonight. :Smile:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Not a Sado at all, Bill.
It takes balls to recognise the demons and to deal with them openly.
Power to your elbow, mukka.
Pts bud always get's me this time of year but by the end of the week they will be gone for a while

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Bill,

I'm with Carol. Last night was an awful night's sleep in the home bed for me, even though it is a quality mattress and base. However, over the weekend, and last week when a carpenter was building new wardrobe fronts for us at home, Rita and I slept in the MH. We both agree that we rest and sleep much better in the MH, even if it is on the blooming driveway...........demons or not. :winky: How strange is that, eh?

BTW, we all have them, (demons that is) but some just don't appear to be obvious to us at the time. :Smile:

Have a good night's kip Bill. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I'm on your side. :thumb:
I always sleep better in the MH and my depression demons don't seem to bother me as much, if at all.
Maybe they don't like camping and stay at home. ::bigsmile:

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
i think its a cacoon feeling

that is a feelgood factor, all is around, fridge,remote,pisser...lol
but yes troubles flood out the m/home door and tranquility enters into our sole,, its almost depressing going home on a Sunday afternoon back to a big house with sh*t in it that you feel you dont need, and a big double bed with the wife :winky: ,,, its the big bed that does it ,,,

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Well, Bill has the "man flu" at the moment, it hit him on Friday just before we came back home:Sad: He's been like a bear with a sore head, so he's sleeping in another room thankfully......best place for him when he's got "man flu", he gets no sympathy from me when he's sniffing everywhere:Blush:

I couldn't sleep last night for some reason, so have taken half a sleeping tablet and should be fine tonight. I was still awake after 4 am last night....this morning? and it's a long night when that happens:Doh:

But you're right, there is something really nice when you are all "snuggly wuggly" in the van and it's raining down on the roof. When we set off in the van we think "woo hoo, we're off for a break"! It's like a different world for a while.......:thumb:

billthedrill........I hope you get a decent night's sleep tonight:Smile:

Margaret

Last edited:

Monman

Free Member
Dec 14, 2012
france & wales
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 1998
Thunder and lightening on the Algarve

I wish I could sleep in our camper here at Motorhomefriends near Albufiera!
We've had thunder and lightning and torrential rain since lunchtime...the noise inside the camper is horrendous.Sleep impossible,so got up to browse t'internet and drink whisky for anaesthetic purposes.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
having problem sleeping at the moment so come out to the van I find I sleep beater in the van than any ware.
my depression demons don't seen to bother me her dos any one do the sam if thing are a bit much in the house or is it just me being a sado :Sad:

No, definitely not a sado, everyone has to have a place they can retreat to when they're feeling low. Everyone has a bolt hole.
Here's hoping you get a good nights sleep tonight, I don't know you Bill, but I'd be lying if I said I'd never felt that way. Hope you feel much happier soon. Hope you don't mind me putting this forward.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have been given sleeping tablets in hospital I sleep straight away and have bad dreams then after 3 or 4 hours wake up wide awake unable to be even tired

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I have been given sleeping tablets in hospital I sleep straight away and have bad dreams then after 3 or 4 hours wake up wide awake unable to be even tired

The tablet I take isn't a true sleeping tablet......they're Oxazepam and more for anxiety, but it helps enough to get me over to sleep usually. Having said that, I took one 3 hours ago and I'm still on here and wide awake....... just as well I work from home and for myself:Doh:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I wish I could sleep in our camper here at Motorhomefriends near Albufiera!
We've had thunder and lightning and torrential rain since lunchtime...the noise inside the camper is horrendous.Sleep impossible,so got up to browse t'internet and drink whisky for anaesthetic purposes.

Jura Superstition, Highland Park, Talisker......or Islay.......take your pick::bigsmile:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Feeling down

BILL AS U NO ALOT OF US HAVE BEEN THERE [WHERE U R NOW] ALL U CAN DO IS NOT CONSENTRATE ON WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST AS IT HAS NOW GONE TRY TO FOCUS ON THE FUTURE AS ANN TOLD ME WHEN I WAS AT MY LOWEST THIS IS LIFE NOT A REHERSAL GO OUT AND WRITE DOWN ALL your GOOD POINTS AND MAKE THEM HAPPEN
ALL THE BEST FROM ME AND ANN LOOKING 4 WARDS TO MEETING UP AT A UK [COULD BE SPAIN] MEETING LOL PAT & ANN:thumb::thumb:
BY THE WAY WE DO SLEEP BETTER IN CAMPER [ESPECIALLY AFTER A FEW VENO,S:Eeek:
IN GIB WITH FRIENDS

Attachments

• 20140317_111455.jpg
    20140317_111455.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 15

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries