Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all, I have a 1995 Swift Royale on a Peugeot boxer 2.5tdi. Took the old bus for a spin today and a light come on on the dash, not red coloured though. Looking in the book the light is telling me there is water in the fuel filter. Not on all the time though, some days not at all then today comes on for a few minutes then goes off for a while, intermittent. Is it something to worry about as I am doing a 700 mile round trip to Yorkshire next month. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
there may be a (usually plastic) thumb screw on the bottom of the diesel filter along with the water sensor.

hold a jar under and loosen the screw until clean diesel comes out.

diesel floats on water so the water will flow out first and the last thing you want is water in the injector pump.

water in the filter is usually caused by condensation in the fuel tank....a full tank will prevent it whereas a normally low tank will cause it.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
there may be a (usually plastic) thumb screw on the bottom of the diesel filter along with the water sensor.

hold a jar under and loosen the screw until clean diesel comes out.

diesel floats on water so the water will flow out first and the last thing you want is water in the injector pump.

water in the filter is usually caused by condensation in the fuel tank....a full tank will prevent it whereas a normally low tank will cause it.

:cry::cry::cry:I wish I was mechanical... i would have to pay somebody to do that...:Sad::Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
So would lots of us Joy - and my partner is more useless technically than me!!! :ROFLMAO:

Catherine

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Ooh come on girls! It's no More difficult than turning on a tap, accessibility is the only problem on some motors, but at least women have smaller hands to get in their:ROFLMAO:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Ooh come on girls! It's no More difficult than turning on a tap, accessibility is the only problem on some motors, but at least women have smaller hands to get in their:ROFLMAO:

:winky:
Women's hands, small things , accessibility......................been there done that ....................:Eeek:
but still wouldn't know where to find the diesel filter.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jude

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Ok, smarty pants. So when Catherine and I require something mechanical doing, we can call on you to show us how to do it .... we are very good at watching....:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
on the base of the filter housing there is a white wheel,you have to unscrew it a little and pump the large dome on top of the filter housing until the water is flushed out.
mine did this on leaving Troyes,on our way down to Annecy last summer,managed to still do 2000 miles.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back