Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Hi all
The vernier on one of my cupboards has come away is there a good way of re sticking it back

Thanks Rob

OP
OP
octopush

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Thanks Jay that's most helpfull

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
Hi all
The vernier on one of my cupboards has come away is there a good way of re sticking it back

Thanks Rob

just a bit of pedantry from me

vernier = a measuring scale
veneer = a decorative covering usually of finer wood over a coarse wood base

:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a sheet of brown paper and a hot iron

cover the veneer with the brown paper to avoid scorching and getting glue on the iron then press the hot iron against it to reactivate the glue. works nearly every time and costs next to nothing

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just a bit of pedantry from me

vernier = a measuring scale
veneer = a decorative covering usually of finer wood over a coarse wood base

:thumb:
Rule 1

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now

It would be interesting to have Jim's view on this....criticising someone or taking the mickey because of their spelling is not on I agree....but surely someone trying to show the correct spelling of something, in a positive manner, can only be seen as helpful surely? As an educator this would seem to me to be the right thing to do?

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
It would be interesting to have Jim's view on this....criticising someone or taking the mickey because of their spelling is not on I agree....but surely someone trying to show the correct spelling of something, in a positive manner, can only be seen as helpful surely? As an educator this would seem to me to be the right thing to do?

I was actually trying to be helpful to the OP but it may not have been seen that way ......and I did mention I was being a pedant to take the edge off....:Blush:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
The thing is most people don't post on a motorhome FUN forum to receive a spelling lesson, I believe that as long as the post can be understood, what does it matter how the word is spelt?

We are not at work or school, we all come from different backgrounds and levels of education.

I'd much rather read a misspelt post by someone asking for help or offering advice than a well spelt grammatical thread about some daily hail rubbish.

I love this forum because if I get it wrong nobody minds, if I had the time or the inclination to find the correct word or spelling for something I wouldn't be posting.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Jim's (the boss) View ..

Rule 1
Spelling and grammar pedants are never nice, correcting other members spelling or grammar is strictly forbidden.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013

Do you realise you've spelt retired incorrectly in your profile? I think that's what you mean? Retured?

Just letting you know in a educational positive way.

Last edited:
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Do you realise you've spelt retired incorrectly in your profile? I think that's what you mean? Retured?

Just letting you know in a educational positive way.

Thank you....It doesn't bother me...I know I misspell....on my bad days I spell words backwards....I appreciate people correcting me so long as its done in a positive manner.

I work with young adults to senior citizens, who have learning disabilities, every day.

I am not a spelling pedant, I can't be because I can't spell, but I do believe that everyone is responsible for helping someone with a problem. Providing you don't ram it down their throats.

But then you see I value education at all ages....

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
The thing is most people don't post on a motorhome FUN forum to receive a spelling lesson, I believe that as long as the post can be understood, what does it matter how the word is spelt?

We are not at work or school, we all come from different backgrounds and levels of education.

I'd much rather read a misspelt post by someone asking for help or offering advice than a well spelt grammatical thread about some daily hail rubbish.

I love this forum because if I get it wrong nobody minds, if I had the time or the inclination to find the correct word or spelling for something I wouldn't be posting.

And some great people have dyslexia

OP
OP
octopush

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Let's not all fall out over this I do not have a problem with being corrected my spelling is very bad and spell checker dose not help.

some of us can not spell and some of us are not very good at fixing things in both cases help is always handy.

Anyway thanks for the advice my cupboards looks a lot better now.

Thanks Rob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back