gassing.......no opinions or 2nd hand stories (1 Viewer)

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
there are over 24000 members on this site.........have any actually been gassed (other than by a partner or pet) in moho themselves.
and if you have, what were your symptoms post gassing (except lack of worldly goods), and were you checked by medics or just told you had been gassed by the authorities or even assumed you must have been.
just interested like:Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
this has raised its head many times.... and i am not aware of anyone posting that they were personally gassed, ( by thieves that is ).

some say! they know someone who was, or was told so by someone.

there are many threads on this but i cant locate them at moment

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry ...... it is a second hand story.... but one of the Funsters told us all personally that they had been gassed.

It was a friend of JJ's and they had converted their white van ... I cannot for the life of me remember their name... JJ are you there and can you remind me please of their story. I know they had things stolen out of their van and his wallet was actually under the mattress they were sleeping on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've known a couple of Funsters who were convinced that it happened to them, but had no physical evidence of same.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

OOO Fatbuddha was that you?

Broken Link Removed
images

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
It happened to a friend of a friend of mine.

Not only did they steal from his wallet, but they extracted his wisdom teeth as well.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I heard there were a group of people in Spain that were downwind of a certain Life Member Funster who were gassed....and he bragged about it on this forum...

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Gipsy communities also have traditional tales of gas attacks and theft within their culture - some used to take it very seriously indeed:

Broken Link Removed

On a more serious note - before motorhomes, gassing legends were rife among early 20th century rail travellers crossing the continent. Dastardly Johnny Foreigner types were apparently pumping narcotic gas through the vents of railway carriages before forcing entry and doing dastardly Johnny Foreigner type things to the slumbering British occupants. Pausing only to twiddle the end of their greasy garlic-smelling moustache they would utter a heavily-accented 'Mwooooohahahahaha' before twirling their cape and slipping off into the night with jewels, passports, ladies' virtue, and so on.

Pretty much the same as what happens on French aires most nights. Good job we keep Winston our pet bulldog in the camper what what?

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
I've been gassed in the motorhome. Shouldn't have given my husband those brussel sprouts! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thats about the only gassing in a mh i would believe in or maybe me after a curry :Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yep I have been gassed whilst in my van with my wife and the dog.

The symptoms were that I was really groggy and sick in the morning, the dog never woke up and was pronounced dead at the scene. My wife was ok with just some migrain complications but she was further away from the inlet.

Before anyone says it, no I had not been drinking. We were robbed and all our holiday monies stolen as well as our credit cards and a few cans of beer in the fridge.

The police said it was a very common thing in that area of France (south east west side) and they had had a numerous amounts of reported incidents of late. They were able to tell me the exact type of gas involved although I forget what it's called.

So all those that doubt my story, carry on, you have now heard it from an established motorhome with over 10 years experience of motorhoming travel throughout Europe. So now that this has been cleared up I think the doubts should now be thrown out.

Take care out there funsters and spread the word "THESE THINGS DO HAPPEN"

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Can I have two gas alarms please Haggers? I have put the money into your account. Actually I think I will have 3, better to be safe than sorry.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My friend that Joy (Movan) mentions above was indeed robbed while he and his wife were asleep in their self build but it was nothing to do with gassing...

They were fast asleep and the thieves went about their business very quietly.

It might of interest to some to know that these thieves (who were caught) were in a motorhome and used to park on aires etc where they knew there were going to be a good selection of possible victims...

So the theory that you are safer in your van if parked with other vans didn't hold water in this case.

JJ :Cool:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
We were robbed in the night along with 10 others vans in Spain.To this day don't know how but been torn to shreads for my suspicions so will leave how it was done as a mystery. I did have a huge dog with me as well....

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Gassing?

Oh, yes!

Last year on an Aire I spoke to a guy who knew a distant relative of his who'd had a chat with an elderly couple who remembered talking to a another Motorhome owner about him being gassed.

The Motorhome owner had woken up very late one morning with a blinding headache and an obnoxious smell in the vehicle to find someone had broken into his Motorhome during the night and taken all his money from the wallet in his back pocket.

His wife told him, as she washed the wine and brandy glasses in the sink, she thought they must have been gassed because she'd slept much longer than normal as well.

Luckily their Alsation wasn't showing any sign of the obviously dangerous gas that had affected them although it had unfortunately left a large deposit in the cab area.

Although his wife had convinced him that gas had been involved, certainly not the four bottles of wine and the litre of Brandy they had consumed, he had a few nagging doubts as she spent the following day shopping by herself in the local town despite pleading brassic only a couple of days earlier.

But still he narrated the story verbatim as the truth.

So, there's your proof – and it could be you next being attacked by gas!

Be prepared.

What you need is one of these masks to sleep in and avoid any possible gas attacks - https://sites.google.com/site/motorhomefruitcakes/gas-attack-pro ducts - look for Gas Attack products.

:france::france::france:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
But it only happens in France, doesn't it, not in Derbyshire? Or is Derbyshire now relocated to France?? :Cool:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Link Removed :winky:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Yep I have been gassed whilst in my van with my wife and the dog.

The symptoms were that I was really groggy and sick in the morning, the dog never woke up and was pronounced dead at the scene. My wife was ok with just some migrain complications but she was further away from the inlet.

So all those that doubt my story, carry on, you have now heard it from an established motorhome with over 10 years experience of motorhoming travel throughout Europe. So now that this has been cleared up I think the doubts should now be thrown out.

Take care out there funsters and spread the word "THESE THINGS DO HAPPEN"

I've just received an anonymous pm saying Hagger's "Pants were on Fire".....

....is he okay.................:ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
ALL THESE TERROR STORIES SHOULD BE BANNED SOME PEOPLE HAVE NOWT ELSE TO DO THAN SCARE MONGERING :Angry:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I declare categorically, I have been gassed.

As gassed as newt.

Symptoms were:
Having a pub full of best friends.
Loss of special awareness (The keyhole was further away from where I left it)
Trouble walking, the legs wanted to plait themselves.
Talking absolute bo****ks.
Being brave. (telling wife to "Walk on" when leaving the pub.)
Sleeping through the gorilla's visit. (The one who craps in your mouth, empties your wallet and throws your clothes all over the place.)
Thinking I could dance.
Wanting to cook Nasi Goreng when we got home.
Knowing the off side rule.

Next day I was a little fragile, but just toughed it out and pretended to be A1.

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
My friends aunts cousin while towing an aframe toad was gasssed as they drove with the grey waste water slowly spilling out of a slightly open waste tap they had to get rid of the water as they were overloaded:thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
My friends aunts cousin while towing an aframe toad was gasssed as they drove with the grey waste water slowly spilling out of a slightly open waste tap they had to get rid of the water as they were overloaded:thumb:

Proper motorhomers, then?::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I was gassed last night in my van we went to the folk club had 16 pint's of real ale three joints yip defo gassed man :Smile:

alhod

Free Member
Oct 3, 2013
Cornwall and Charente
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Hey ho - it's that time of year again. As the vans come out of winter storage so do the gas rumors, oh sorry - scary but true tales of horrendous experiences which always happen to someone else.
Has anyone been gassed who has a perimeter alarm fitted? Ours is set every night and any attempt to open a door or window wakes the population in a 1km radius. Little chance of sleeping through it so if you're worried about gas go see Mr Thatcham!
And when you find out the gas used by these dastardly rogues offer them a deal to buy some because the Royal Society of Anaesthetists will be very interested to get hold of it to enhance their own kit for putting people to sleep.

Meanwhile let's all pretend these tales are true and take another drink off the poor victims while they recount their experiences, before they get taken by the aliens hovering overhead.

Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back