Bolero Habitation Door restraint-Help! (1 Viewer)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:Sad:Strong gust of wind and door pulled out of hand.Metallic noise and sound of something dropping down inside of door. The flat metal restraint at the top of the door is now not attached to the door only to the frame. A peg is still on the flat bar but whatever was fastened to it is broken off and inside the door. I cannot see anyway of getting in. I do remember a funster having this problem and working out a way to repair but have searched without success. ( I seem to remember he was initially told he needed a new door as not repairable!) The van is a 14 month old Swift Bolero.
p.s. It is raining and raining at CC site at Buxton!

Cheers
Bernie

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
:Sad:Strong gust of wind and door pulled out of hand.Metallic noise and sound of something dropping down inside of door. The flat metal restraint at the top of the door is now not attached to the door only to the frame. A peg is still on the flat bar but whatever was fastened to it is broken off and inside the door. I cannot see anyway of getting in. I do remember a funster having this problem and working out a way to repair but have searched without success. ( I seem to remember he was initially told he needed a new door as not repairable!) The van is a 14 month old Swift Bolero.
p.s. It is raining and raining at CC site at Buxton!

Cheers
Bernie
Hi Bernie

You will have to order a complete door slider (swift part number 9826124) which comes with all the fittings and nylon parts required.
The cost is £14.40 inc vat + postage.:thumb:

Regards

Glenn Harris

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I recently replaced the said same part on our Swift Freestyle. Johns Cross sorted me out with the required kit (many thanks !)
Dead easy to fit
You'll need:
a step ladder
4mm Allen Key
10 minutes of your time

Undo 4mm allen screw that holds swing arm to door frame. Bits fall on floor, but you wont need those anyway.
Climb up ladder - there'll be the remnants of a nylon slide in a slide channel. Slide it away from the door frame - it'll fly off the end onto the floor, but you wont that anyway. While you're there, clean the crap out of the slide channel. Be aware of the sharp edges, so either use a piece of kitchen roll, or someone elses finger.
Slide new nylon slide into the channel
Screw new swing arm to door frame (don't forget the nylon mounting whatsit).
Hook pin of swing arm into the nylon slide

Jobs a good un. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:thumb:Cheers guys. I will order from Glenn. Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!
p.s It has stopped raining!

Bernie:Smile:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
This is the kit I received from the very helpful folks at Johns Cross:
Broken Link Removed

Downview of the slide channel on top of the habitation door:

Broken Link Removed

You can see that the previous owner didn't replace the door stay, hence the damage to the door seal. Need to give some thought as to easiest way to repair that. Probably just cut the damaged section out and replace with a seal of the same profile ...

OP
OP
Ber090

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:thumb:Thanks to all of you again! In no time at all I have had my questions answered, received fitting instructions, ordered the parts and feel quite happy now!
If anyone needed to know why MHF is such a brilliant site this is a great advert.
Cheers
Bernie.
p.s. It is raining again but we don't care!:Cool:

Aug 5, 2018
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
And now I've found the answer as well...brilliant. Thanks to all.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
We have a loop of paracord that loops over the wing mirror and the internal door handle.
It means the door will not slam shut in anything short of a hurricane.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had the same plastic slider break on the Hartal door on our Burstner last year.

The replacement kit was not available at the time so I bought a set of these off Ebay as the same restraint are already fitted on the locker doors.....

s-l140.jpg

A bit of working out gave me the optimum positioning to stop any chance of the 'bulgy' polycarbonate window on the Hartal door making contact with the van body.

Correct length stainless self tapers and sikaflex secured the parts and now work a treat.

I keep an appropriate length bungy cord that hooks, without tension, on to both the hartal and cab door handles as a safeguard if the wind is in a direction that may try to blow the door closed. The elastication in the bungy acts as a damper should that happen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back