mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

Something strange :whatthe: after installing my single cylinder R67 kit and filling it up via the (fairly local service station)..pump meter confirmed 22.5 ltrs fill. We found to our astonishment that the gas was used up in ten days, of course there's no define science as too how much is going through the pipe only a gut feeling of previous experience using Calor gas
..previous trip before 'GasLow' was down through Europe through Italy into Sicily and back ..one and a half Calor gas,...... odd or am I being paranoid?

PS have checked twice for external gas leaks.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
It's impossible to tell without knowing what your usage pattern was. We have 2 x 11 kg cylinders (old style, not R67) and that will last us about five weeks in summer. In very cold conditions, we have used one cylinder in three days.

You say you are sure there is no leakage. How have you tested this?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's been a bit chilly of late.. were you using gas for space heating ?

If so it guzzles it..

As an example..

A Truma Combi 6 heater uses between 160 - 480 grams per hour ..

22lt = 11kg divided by 0.16 = 68 hours

and divided by 0.48 = 23 hours continual use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
As with Jeanluc, it all depends on useage. In January this year on our way to Spain we used about 2litres each day in cold and miserable conditions as we travelled through France. As we reached warmer areas that dropped to about 2/3 litre each day. We rarely use hook-up so all heating and cooking is gas powered.
It's the heating that uses the most gas, ours is the Trums C4002. One big advantage of the gaslow is that you know just how much you have used when you top it up. I'm usually pleasantly surprised how little we get through in the summer.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Are you sure it is actually empty or is it just that useless stuck on plastic gauge showing empty?[/FONT]

:france::france::france:

OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Are you sure it is actually empty or is it just that useless stuck on plastic gauge showing empty?[/FONT]

:france::france::france:

:roflmto::roflmto: is there a useless stuck on plastic guage on the R76 Bottle?..yep, definitely empty but now I know why I bought a refillable system theres a LPG station not far from here (Malaga):roflmto::thumb:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

We've just changed over from tugging and therefore we are still discovering a learning curve (Like the North face of the Eiger)

We have a Hobby with what seems like a 747 jet engine under her bed that provides blown air heating and hot water. (I've ruled SWMBO out as both the source of the gas and heating:ROFLMAO:)

Is that the same system being referred to (above) as Space Heating. Is it model specific as to whether it uses loads of gas or not.?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Greetings,
We have a Hobby with what seems like a 747 jet engine under her bed that provides blown air heating and hot water. (I've ruled SWMBO out as both the source of the gas and heating:ROFLMAO:)

Is that the same system being referred to (above) as Space Heating. Is it model specific as to whether it uses loads of gas or not.?

Yes, Space Heating is usually either blown air (normally Truma) or wet-filled radiator (normally Alde or some Truma systems too I believe).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back