mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well here we are in sunny southern Spain sitting on our 'deck' chairs:roflmto: looking around at this quite busy site.
P and I are starting to wonder if the other camp site travellers actually know what the weight of their vehicles are when you consider what they have set up around their vehicle's ie: privacy room's, chairs, table, windbreaker's, floor mats, camping kitchens, water barrels, tripod Sat' dishes and so on, I say this as we always weigh our vehicle (loaded) and too our horror for the first time in less than three years and four motorhomes later we are about hundred kilogrammes over our limit so you guys do you know what you weight is:whatthe::whatthe:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ours was 60 kgs over so in the process of upgrade:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We went to a weigh bridge last week, fully loaded and were fine, in fact we were 260+ under weight, so more cake for me:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
3-400 KG payload left for me. Helps when you self build :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you can apply to DVLA yourself and sort the paperwork...oh and jump through ever increasing hoops. much the same as you can represent yourself in a court. but neither is as straightforward as you might expect

using a professional engineering firm to represent you is like choosing a good lawyer. you pay the price and its all taken care of for you.

DVLA prefer to deal with professionals as it saves them doing more work dealing with and potentially advising an amateur. with the professional engineer they have done this countless times and know the way to solve problems. its this invaluable experience you are employing to save a lot of hassle. you also get a written confirmation from the likes of SVtech to prove you have uprated (or downrated) the vehicles payload correctly. keep a copy of this in the van in case you ever get stopped and weighed by VOSA and the police

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
you can apply to DVLA yourself and sort the paperwork...oh and jump through ever increasing hoops. much the same as you can represent yourself in a court. but neither is as straightforward as you might expect

using a professional engineering firm to represent you is like choosing a good lawyer. you pay the price and its all taken care of for you.

DVLA prefer to deal with professionals as it saves them doing more work dealing with and potentially advising an amateur. with the professional engineer they have done this countless times and know the way to solve problems. its this invaluable experience you are employing to save a lot of hassle. you also get a written confirmation from the likes of SVtech to prove you have uprated (or downrated) the vehicles payload correctly. keep a copy of this in the van in case you ever get stopped and weighed by VOSA and the police

We did ours with vtech and went to local dvla with all forms 15 minutes done I suppose I could have done it myself but I dont think it would have been so easy
:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A pal of mine has a Kon Tiki plate says 3.500 BUT he pays PHG Road Tax something wrong somewhere ?. Pete

probably a 3850kg chassis uprate and somebody has removed the uprated plate to make it appear 3500kg for licence purposes.
The uprated plate will always be separate from the factory plate.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:good price. good to see you have been carefull.VOSSA loves that aren't.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Had mine weighed last week, have 560 to spare, just have to add clothes /food plus dog, so well pleased with that. I had a full tank fresh water, full diesel and full gas bottles. :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back