external gas point (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Any suggestions as to where or who do I go to to get an external gas point fitted to my van. Preferably not too far from Leicester

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I had a Bullfinch gas point fitted by Mark (CLS). He travels to you and is based in Nuneaton.
http://www.central-leisure-services.co.uk/

I have also had gas work done by Steve Ash (Home-Serve Motorhome Services) who is also based in Nuneaton and travels to you.
Link Removed

Both are Funster traders and offer 5% discount.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Perfect job for bills fix it meet:thumb:

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Perfect job for bills fix it meet:thumb:

Yes that sounds good :thumb: but what I forgot to say mousy is that I have a gas tank and not bottles and think it is probably a job for a man with qualifications. I only bought the van a couple of weeks ago ,with half a tank full of gas, and have not had to put any in yet . I have absolutely no idea what is involved :Doh: can it be done by a kind hearted man with a screw driver and a blow torch ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :Eeek: Or mabe there will be a suitably trained person in attendance in which case I will put my name down immediately and I will try and think of something useful that I could do in return.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it really is a simple enough job. the hardest part is having the balls to cut a hole in the van wall. once its in and waterproofed using mastic tape and stainless steel screws, its just a case of teeing into the nearest low pressure gas pipe. could be the feed to the fridge, oven or heater. I would also include an isolator valve too, just in case the bbq point develops a slight weep through continued use cooking up all those barbies

i would say give it 2 hours or so and it should be fitted. these things often take longer planning where to fit and emptying lockers than doing the job

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Had one fitted at John Cross this week:thumb: excellent job done:Smile:
Why not have a few days away ,great site near by , drop the van off and have a day out , return , job done.
Also they are very nice people to deal with :winky:

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I fitted a bullfinch bbq point and as TheBig1 said it takes longer to work out where to put it and where to get feed from and where to run pipe, I also fitted shutoff valve after teeing into cooker feed. Easy job though. I made a pipe former from different sized washers,so pipe fits between washers to stop pipe flattening when bent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back