Peterborough show 2014 misery (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We can't go this year due to not having a motorhome yet

We were going to book a B&B for Friday sat and sunday night but its not the same and wouldn't work. I like to wander off to the show at 9am and Caroline and the dog have a lie in and meander over at about 10.30am.

The nearest B & B that's takes dogs is 20 mins drive away.

cry.gif

We were going to book a B &B for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night but its not the same. I like to wander over to the show at 9am, then Caroline and the dog meander over around 10.30am. The nearest B&B that's takes dogs is 20 mins drive away
rolleyes.gif

We like to have a good look around, see if there are any accessories worth buying, any freebies going of course.

Then sit at the outdoor bar for a few drinks in the afternoon, after a few its time for the big event.

Sharing a Cornish pasty,(yes I did say sharing). We save all year to be able to afford one from the stall, almost a bleeding fiver, my father will be turning in his grave, but its only once a year I keep reminding myself. I do keep saying every year before we set off that we are not having one, I,m taking sarnies this time I say
lol.gif

Then Caroline likes to wander back to the van to get the plates warm and I go for the second big event.

Fish and chips from the other stall, only £14 for fish n chips twice, do you hear that grave turning over again. Well its only money I say, we really enjoy the day but she says I then moan for a month about the prices and say never again.

Until the next year that is.

I,ve been saving up for Peterborough and we havn't managed to find that elusive motorhome yet, so I,ve got spare money floating around if anyone is interested.

Sometimes its nice to get ripped off. I,m really going to miss it this year.

Anybody for pasty n chips, lets hear it for Peterborough.

Will you let me know how it goes please.

From a very, very jealous tongue in cheek miserable Paul, Caroline and Suki the dog.

PS, I wonder what they do with all the leftover Cornish pasties?

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

We were going to book a B&B for Friday sat and sunday night but its not the same and wouldn't work. I like to wander off to the show at 9am and Caroline and the dog have a lie in and meander over at about 10.30am.

The nearest B & B that's takes dogs is 20 mins drive away.

cry.gif

We were going to book a B &B for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night but its not the same. I like to wander over to the show at 9am, then Caroline and the dog meander over around 10.30am. The nearest B&B that's takes dogs is 20 mins drive away
rolleyes.gif

We like to have a good look around, see if there are any accessories worth buying, any freebies going of course.

Then sit at the outdoor bar for a few drinks in the afternoon, after a few its time for the big event.

Sharing a Cornish pasty,(yes I did say sharing). We save all year to be able to afford one from the stall, almost a bleeding fiver, my father will be turning in his grave, but its only once a year I keep reminding myself. I do keep saying every year before we set off that we are not having one, I,m taking sarnies this time I say
lol.gif

Then Caroline likes to wander back to the van to get the plates warm and I go for the second big event.

Fish and chips from the other stall, only £14 for fish n chips twice, do you hear that grave turning over again. Well its only money I say, we really enjoy the day but she says I then moan for a month about the prices and say never again.

Until the next year that is.

I,ve been saving up for Peterborough and we havn't managed to find that elusive motorhome yet, so I,ve got spare money floating around if anyone is interested.

Sometimes its nice to get ripped off. I,m really going to miss it this year.

Anybody for pasty n chips, lets hear it for Peterborough.

Will you let me know how it goes please.

From a very, very jealous tongue in cheek miserable Paul, Caroline and Suki the dog.

Pnder what they do with all the leftover Cornish pasties?

Probably plough them into a field for next years crop!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Last edited:

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
I'm going this year for the first time and meeting my brother and sister-in-law there.

I am looking for my first motorhome and going with an open mind.

I have booked a B&B for Saturday night but not expecting to see all the ones I am interested in, might go back on Sunday morning.

It's scarey but I know I will regret it if I don't take the plunge.

Happy Peterborough show to all that are going.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@Mimi Make sure you buy SOMETHING!
Essex needs more motorhomers (y)

I'll guarantee your legs will ache after climbing in and out of 'em all!

Great fun though and if you get bored, look us up.
Happy hunting.

James & Sue

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Yes, hoping to find something. I have been looking at storage facilities around Benfleet or somewhere not too far, as my home cannot accommodate.

Mimi

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back