Ideas for what to do in London (1 Viewer)

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
We are currently enjoying the Caravan Club site at Crystal Palace, walked miles today to Dulwich Picture Gallery. So what do we do in London other than the normal sites which we have done before, London eye done etc. I fancy a good market myself. Any ideas welcomed. :Smile:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Camden market is open 7 days. Maybe get last minute tickets to see a show - and either a Chinese in China town or a curry in Brick lane! :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Sunday go down Petticoat Lane (Middlesex Street), and surrounding areas i.e. Slater Street, Brick Lane, see the many cultures that make up the area and might pick up a bargain from the markets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Places you may like to see..
Trafalgar square..
Green Park.. Buck palace etc..
Kew gardens
Westfield Stratford..
Canary wharf
The 02
A river trip.. (riverbus or duck tour)
Tower of London
South Bank (London eye) ... At night
.. And now having read your post..
As above.. Camden market..
Greenwich mkt is nice too with cutty sark

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Goldhawk Road for fabric shops - bit I don't know about opening times. Otherwise I love the V&A.

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
hi,
my son lives in East Dulwich and he recommends the main street for restaurants that are not central prices. Try Borough market for a real food experience - abs everything you can think of from Truffles at £1000's /kg to good old fish and chips. We normally just browse the food stalls eating by the stall rather going into the restaurant. there's also a pub in the centre of the market that starred in Bridget Jones. For something gruesome, look up the museum in the royal college of surgeons.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
image.jpg

Brick Lane Market

Camden market

Columbia Road Flower Market

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Now you shouldn't have told me that, I love fabric shops but don't think hubby does, gets a bit cold for him waiting around outside and he wouldn't dream of coming in. :Smile:

Goldhawk Road for fabric shops - bit I don't know about opening times. Otherwise I love the V&A.

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Quite fancy the Royal college of Surgeons as am fascinated by the human body and how it all works. Thanks for that. :Smile:

hi,
my son lives in East Dulwich and he recommends the main street for restaurants that are not central prices. Try Borough market for a real food experience - abs everything you can think of from Truffles at £1000's /kg to good old fish and chips. We normally just browse the food stalls eating by the stall rather going into the restaurant. there's also a pub in the centre of the market that starred in Bridget Jones. For something gruesome, look up the museum in the royal college of surgeons.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As was going to ask this question myself as I'll be in London in 3 weeks time. Not meaning to hi jack the thread but another question regarding London.

What is the best and cheapest way to travel is it a good idea to get an Oyster card and after that bus or tube we will be staying at Abbey Wood CC site.

Also any recommendations for a good old fashion pub rather than a chain.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
As was going to ask this question myself as I'll be in London in 3 weeks time. Not meaning to hi jack the thread but another question regarding London.

What is the best and cheapest way to travel is it a good idea to get an Oyster card and after that bus or tube we will be staying at Abbey Wood CC site.

Also any recommendations for a good old fashion pub rather than a chain.

If it's just a short trip Gerry a Travel Card is what you want which covers all public transport. I think weekends are about £8 each per day or something like that.

If you come out of the site and turn right you get to a main road. Cross that ( with care) and you get to a grassy slope that leads to the ruins of the Abbey. Just beyond that is a pub which is ok, but nothing special.
I would have liked to pop down to see you ( about 3 miles from me) but we will be in Spain.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Columbia road flower market , Sundays , 8 til 1 , great atmosphere . Also near by is brick lane and if you like bagels there's a 24 hour bagel shop , mmmmm. A further very short walk from the bagel shop you will find Spitalfields market . The best thing with London if you enjoy a walk then round every corner you will find something to see.:thumb:
For all it's madness London is a most fantastic city, enjoy :Smile:

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
On a sunny day take the Thames Clipper from Westminster down to the O2 and take a ride over the river on the cable cars,nice way to see the city and not expensive call in to Greenwich for Cutty Sark the Observatory etc. Enjoy!!

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am not going to London again last time I spent all the time saying

OOOWWWWMUCH yer avin a laugh:Angry:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
If you enjoy walking, many of the interesting bits of London are quite close together.

One nice stroll (on a warm spring day) is along the south bank, between Lambeth Bridge and the Millennium Bridge. Then across the river to St Pauls and, if you’re not completely knackered, back along the strand to Trafalgar square.

Or a short-ish walk from Trafalgar square through Admiralty Arch, down The Mall for a short distance, then into Horseguards Road, along the back of Downing Street and then a stroll through St James Park to Buckingham Palace. From there you could stroll through Green Park to Piccadilly, or from Buckingham Palace back along Birdcage Walk to Parliament Square.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If it's just a short trip Gerry a Travel Card is what you want which covers all public transport. I think weekends are about £8 each per day or something like that.

If you come out of the site and turn right you get to a main road. Cross that ( with care) and you get to a grassy slope that leads to the ruins of the Abbey. Just beyond that is a pub which is ok, but nothing special.
I would have liked to pop down to see you ( about 3 miles from me) but we will be in Spain.

Cheers Chris, we will be down from the Wednesday to the Monday and plan doing our sightseeing on the Wed, Thur and Friday as I will be sitting with my feet up on the Sat so looking for a card or whatevz that will give us best value.

Thanks for advice on the pub will give it a go, shame your in Spain as would have enjoyed a pint and chat. If I had known you where away I could have parked on your drive and annoyed your chav neighbours down the road.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Cheers Chris, we will be down from the Wednesday [HI][/HI]to the Monday and plan doing our sightseeing on the Wed, Thur and Friday as I will be sitting with my feet up on the Sat so looking for a card or whatevz that will give us best value.

[HI]Thanks for advice on the pub will give it a go, shame your in Spain as would have enjoyed a pint and chat. If I had known you where away I could have parked on your drive and annoyed your chav neighbours down the road.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[/HI]

::bigsmile:

Not unless you are about 5 metres.

A little fact we overlooked when buying :Doh:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Now you shouldn't have told me that, I love fabric shops but don't think hubby does, gets a bit cold for him waiting around outside and he wouldn't dream of coming in. :Smile:

Park him in one of the cafes. :winky:

My name is Puddleduck and I'm a fabricoholic...... :ROFLMAO:
I also collect thread and trims and buttons and yarn and all sorts of other stuff that will come in useful some day.

If you ever go through Jedburgh there is a shop called Borderland Fabrics on the industrial estate opposite the petrol station. there is a waiting room for partners who don't sew. Then there is a fabric shop in Melrose and I can give you pointers to shops in Edinburgh as well. You may find I am a dangerous duck to know. :winky:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
any road heding out of there is a good road that's watt to do find a road out of it and if that idiot boris I crossing it run the twat over:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back