Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Tale of woe!

Well now at El Raco Benidorm,thank goodness! Was looking forward to nice meal on the Pont -Aven,which was very nice as usual,going down the stairs to the cabin,felt my left knee give way,then was okay,never happened before so never paid it much attention.Woke up about midnight with very painful knee,was in top bunk but managed to get down eventually,knee got progressively worse through the night so never slept,managed to slowly hobble to the information desk at 6.30 am,but knee kept giving way,eventualy got there, saw the person on duty explained the problem,he said to go back to the cabin and a doctor would come down at 7 when he came on duty.Was extremely worried wouldn't be able to drive of the ferry,never mind any further!Sat in the cabin till 9,no doctor! Hobbled very slowly back up to the info desk,leg kept giving way.when we got there message hadn't been passed on.Doctor appeared 15 mins later examined my knee and said I had torn a ligament,I explained I had a motorhome on the ferry,and didn't know if I could drive it.He prescribed some extra strong painkillers,and said be careful:Smile:. When we docked managed to climb in with difficulty and gingerly attempted to push in the clutch,was quite painful but not impossible,my main problem seemed to be walking when my knee kept seizing up.fortunately the road to our first stop at Burgos,is lots of motorway so not too many gearchanges.Cut a long story short,we had another night stop on the way just south of Madrid,then next day the 300 miles to Benidorm,nearly all motorway.the weather on the way down was atrocious, very cold and wet down to 2c at one point.Anyway we are here now weather is nice about 19c today and sunny,leg getting slowly better and might be able to get the bike off the trailer in a couple of days,but not sure when I will be able to ride it. So the moral of the story is don't gloat on here about getting on Ferries to Spain.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back