Taking the plunge! (1 Viewer)

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
We are just about (probably) to buy a motorhome we viewed earlier today - going for test drive tomorrow. We want to 'dip our toe' so to speak, so we were looking for something inexpensive to start with, just to see how things go.
The one we have seen is a Ducato Swift Lifestyle 590 RS, 2.8 fiat diesel, year 2001 with 21.000 on the clock. Anyone got any comments on this model/make. Its something we would hope to use for a couple of years until we have decided if motorhoming is for us.:Smile:

OP
OP
P

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Sounds like a sensible move to me!
How much you paying for it?

Blimey that was a quick response!
They are asking £17,995 from a dealer, we have done comparisons on internet ect and this seems a fair price, it is exceptionally clean and comes with a year guarentee, 6 months tax, serviced and new cam-belt.
Whadaya think?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I aggree with digger seems quitwe fair. Swiftw always seem to sell well. Push for a good price, but not to hard as if the dealer only takes a small profit he will less likely to want to carry out any warranty work if any is required.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sounds a good deal if it is as described by yourself.
Only thing I would say about the deal, is , if your not PXing then knock more off, all vans are priced with a px in mind and you are a first time cash buyer. Walk away, and then if needed walk back.

My father in law had a van exactly the same. He quite liked it, it was his 3rd van he had. Had a few minor problems but nothing major, just things like taps leaking the odd bit falling off. Nothing you wouldn't expect on any other van though.

The plus side is that with a van that age and at that money, in a couple of years if you wanna upgrade you will probably get close to what you have paid.

OP
OP
P

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for all that info guys, we feel confident we are making the right move - even though we haven't sold our villa in turkey yet!
Now, what we want to know is - do any of you use your MHs in the winter? Obviously if our test drive tonight goes well then we will go ahead and are looking at 6 months of possible dodgy weather before next summer comes - although having said that, look at this summers weather so far! We've done thousands of miles on motorbikes with tents over the years, so are not concerned about getting a bit damp, but are there any events over the winter months, and are there any sites open during winter? We just can't wait to get out there on our 4 wheels!

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi, although we are temporarily without a motorhome we usually use ours all the year round.

Have a look in the calendar at the New Year Meet for this coming year, Fancy it?

I'm sure you have made the right decision its a brilliant past time.

Good luck with the purchase negotiations! ::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we try and use ours all year round.
We like skiing inthe winter or trips up to scotland. There are always sites open in the winter if you have a look, although in the winter we find wild camping far easier as there are more spots available due to those who dont use there vans in winter.

OP
OP
P

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
Hi, although we are temporarily without a motorhome we usually use ours all the year round.

Have a look in the calendar at the New Year Meet for this coming year, Fancy it?

I'm sure you have made the right decision its a brilliant past time.

Good luck with the purchase negotiations! ::bigsmile:

Thanks for that suzy, I hadn't noticed that 'calender button' before, looks like a good source of info which we will certainly use. Because of the nature of our company, its sometimes difficult for us to plan ahead which is one of the reasons we have decided on a MH - we can jump in and drive off at a moments notice, so the calender will be used!
Thanks again.

OP
OP
P

paul&stella

Free Member
Jul 6, 2008
Funster No
BOUGHT IT!! We are christening her Elsie and she comes home to us on saturday! so where can we take her for her first outing on bank holiday weekend - any ideas gratefully recieved.
We are now proud owners of our first motorhome - howzabout that then!

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Well done. Look forward to seeing some photo's soon.:thumb:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
BOUGHT IT!! We are christening her Elsie and she comes home to us on saturday! so where can we take her for her first outing on bank holiday weekend - any ideas gratefully recieved.
We are now proud owners of our first motorhome - howzabout that then!

congratulations, hope you have many happy travels in her, I bet you can't wait, if you go away bank holiday weekend try to leave on the thursday bank holiday traffic you know still you will so excited you probably wouldn't notice traffic jams:ROFLMAO:
ruth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back