Fridge piezo igniter problem Elecrolux Fridge in a Hymer (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Arrived at Newark last ight and we cannot operate the fridge. The rocker switch which turns on the piezo ignitor, normally flashes until the pilot is lit. But the switch is dead, no light and can't hear it creating a spark . Checked all the fuses but they are fine. Does anyone know if this 12v piezo is fused anywhere else or have an idea what might be wrong.

All is not lost, my beers ice cold under the van, its a bit nippy here. :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Best idea I have is check the wiring to the igniter -that will probably mean fridge out :cry:If all else fails at least it bumps back to top :winky:
terry

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Did you get it sorted yet Jim? I can come over and have a look at it if you need me to. Call me zero78nine1441eighteightthree.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
This isn't a confession but I do know somebody that has his wife hold the gas switch in the on position while he uses one of those long spark gas lighters after taking the fridge vent panel off. Apparently, it works every time. Don't try this at home!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This isn't a confession but I do know somebody that has his wife hold the gas switch in the on position while he uses one of those long spark gas lighters after taking the fridge vent panel off. Apparently, it works every time. Don't try this at home!

I would do that except in my version of the B544 there is no exterior bottom vent. The only way to get to the burner is to completely remove, the hob and the fridge. :Sad:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Oh dear Jimbo.

Never mind mate, as said the beers are still cold :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements