Free Batteries - to a needy Motorhome (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

Rita and I have [HI]1 x Elecsol 220A[/HI] leisure battery, and [HI]1 x Bosch Silver S4 013[/HI] to give away. Both these batteries are surplus to requirements, and are both holding a charge of 12.65 to 12.68 volts. (see table below). Last charged 2 x weeks ago.
They are the sealed maintenance free type, and I am therefore unable to check the specific gravity of each cell, however, the voltage readings are a good indication that all cells are good.

These batteries can be brought to either the Newark Show, or the P/boro show, or can be collected from the P/boro area if preferred. If not taken by the end of April, they'll go to the scrappie's. :Sad:

State of Charge Specific Gravity Voltage
12V 6V
100% 1.265 12.7 6.3
75% 1.225 12.4 6.2
50% 1.190 12.2 6.1
25% 1.155 12.0 6.0

Discharged 1.120 11.9 6.0

If bringing to the Newark show, please let me know by PM, before 15.00hrs tomorrow 20th March. Hopefully some one will be able to make use of them, as they are still good for some time yet.

Regards,

Jock.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I can always use them to power the lights in the marquee if anyone is coming down this way rather than them going to the tip.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Hi

We are in the market for new batteries but I'm after 2 the same. Just out of interest have you used the Bosch s4 as a leisure battery? Is it a car battery?

I have been looking at the Bosch S5 to use as a leisure battery and just wondered if you had something similar how effective have you found it?

Thanks

Sorry yours may not be the same technology as the S5's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Good evening all. :Smile:

The first to contact me by PM, was Ludo (Rex & Janet), who have expressed an interest in the Elecsol 220A Leisure Battery, and are attending Newark.
Sorry to others who have also shown an interest. :Sad: I will reply to your PMs personally. :thumb:

That just leaves the Bosch S4 013 starter battery, to find a good home for.

Stacetop, the Bosch S5 013 you are looking at, appears to be 100A cold cranking capacity, whereas the Bosch S4 013 is the 60A cold cranking capacity. To mix the two, would not be adviseable, even though they are the same technology. I have read that Bosch S4/S5 batteries are such good quality, that they can be used as leisure batteries these days, but make sure that if fitting more than one, that they are all the same age and capacity.

We have gone down the "traction battery" route for leisure power.

HTH,

Jock.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Good evening all. :Smile:

The first to contact me by PM, was Ludo (Rex & Janet), who have expressed an interest in the Elecsol 220A Leisure Battery, and are attending Newark.
Sorry to others who have also shown an interest. :Sad: I will reply to your PMs personally. :thumb:

That just leaves the Bosch S4 013 starter battery, to find a good home for.

Stacetop, the Bosch S5 013 you are looking at, appears to be 100A cold cranking capacity, whereas the Bosch S4 013 is the 60A cold cranking capacity. To mix the two, would not be adviseable, even though they are the same technology. I have read that Bosch S4/S5 batteries are such good quality, that they can be used as leisure batteries these days, but make sure that if fitting more than one, that they are all the same age and capacity.

We have gone down the "traction battery" route for leisure power.

HTH,

Jock.

Thank you Jock and Rita, see you at Newark.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I don't need them Jock just wanted to say what a kind offer, although you are letting us Scots down as they can't call you tight anymore :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note it is a kind offer and glad someone is able to use them.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I don't need them Jock just wanted to say what a kind offer, although you are letting us Scots down as they can't call you tight anymore :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funnily enough Lorger, I was thinking exactly the very same thing myself, having had a life's time of ribbing down here in England. :winky: BTW, I've met many's a tight Yorkshireman in my time. :roflmto:

I just hope that someone can utilise the starter battery now.

Cheers,

Jock.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
they would have been fine in my van :cry: missed out there
must have been at cadet's when this was posted :Doh: