Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
gone tits up and left me well and truly in the lurch. my wife is terminally ill and I use my mobile number a lot to converse with Hospice/Mcmillan/palliative care etc and I've just been cut off, we've had 14months of bad news and this is just another hassle we don't need.
Dave & Carol

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
sorry to hear of your troubles you truly have my sympathies.

i also have an ovivo sim, which use in emergency;

it seems it was too good to be true and i know from inside knowledge that Vodafone ( the network they were using ) were more than a bit miffed and exerting pressure.

on their web site:

Dear OVIVO Customers,

We are very sad to announce that for reasons beyond our control, OVIVO Mobile is closing down on the evening of Wednesday 19th March 2014.

We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and friendship over the last two years.

To keep your OVIVO number, just fill out this form, and we’ll send you your PAC code.

PAC code request form
To request a PAC code please complete the form below. There is no need to request a PAC code if you do not wish to keep your number. We will arrange for your PAC code to arrive as quickly as possible but there is a high demand for this service.

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
sorry to have posted that, now getting a sim off Vodafone.
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wonderful! :Angry:

This is a major problem ... our '3' internet is cr*p, our T-mobile phones have a problem and now our Ovivo sim is stuffed too ... so we have NO real consistent way to contact the outside world ... hubby will NOT be happy and I must admit I feel awful at having recommended Ovivo not that long ago to others! :Blush:

Does anyone know HOW to get the credit back that they have of ours or has that also gone poof??????

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We also have / had one that we used as a backup - the network coverage with Vodafone was better than O2 and was great to have in the MH when on the road.

Looking for a replacement now but don't want a second contract.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Wonderful! :Angry:

This is a major problem ... our '3' internet is cr*p, our T-mobile phones have a problem and now our Ovivo sim is stuffed too ... so we have NO real consistent way to contact the outside world ... hubby will NOT be happy and I must admit I feel awful at having recommended Ovivo not that long ago to others! :Blush:

Does anyone know HOW to get the credit back that they have of ours or has that also gone poof??????
i expect in the small print, the contract makes payments non refundable. somewhere along the line the service had to pay its way. with what seems like a rapid uptake of the free services, it just couldnt work

sorry but i would think you and many others will be last in a long list of people left high and dry.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, I feel really upset about this. It's been a fantastic service up to now and I am upset that I had recommended it to others in good faith.

Wyn:Angry:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I knew it! I saw some recommendations on this forum, bought a data SIM from them exactly a month ago... :Doh:

...used it for one weekend...crap signal... :Sad:

My special superpower....the ability to force a technology/tech. company into disappearing by deciding to buy the product...grows stronger :cry:

I'm not sure what I'm more annoyed by...the £20 wasted on the SIM or the time I wasted getting the thing to work.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
gone tits up and left me well and truly in the lurch. my wife is terminally ill and I use my mobile number a lot to converse with Hospice/Mcmillan/palliative care etc and I've just been cut off, we've had 14months of bad news and this is just another hassle we don't need.
Dave & Carol

Hi Dave, please continue to give Carol my love. I think of her in my 'prayers', Buddhist, often. Please give her a hug from me.

Sorry to hear about the phone business. I often think that with the money that phone companies make, there should be a free number (cost to the phone companies) in every hospice for relatives to phone... it really does mount up when someone you love is in there. Joy

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Dave & Carol

You can request your PAC here:
http://www.ovivomobile.com/

By law, Ovivo (and any other mobile / virtual provider) must release your PAC - there are a few exceptions (debt on account, police investigation etc), but they won't apply in your case.

You must use that PAC within 30 days - otherwise it'll expire.
Ordinarily if you go over the 30 days you can just apply for another. In this case, I wouldn't be certain that Ovivo will be a position (or around) to supply a replacement.

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well due to my circumstances didn't bother looking to hard for "the deal" so went back to Vodafone 250min 500texts 250mb data £9pm 12mth contract, first 3mths £4.50pm so about £8pm over the year. just the little detail of getting my number back now :RollEyes:
Dave.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
it seems it was too good to be true and i know from inside knowledge that Vodafone ( the network they were using ) were more than a bit miffed and exerting pressure.
That to me seems to mean that Ovivo were recently taking money from people for their sim under false pretences as they knew there was a MAJOR issue with their 'product'. It also makes me think that that is why they have recently been INCREASING the number of minutes in the allowance to entice even more 'mugs' to pay money to them, and swell their OWN bank balances with our 'credit' money as they KNEW it was all going to go 'pop'! That is FRAUD! Pyramid selling in another form. I think I might see if there is anything that can be done from this angle ... even if I don't get anything back there's no way the people who own the business lining their pockets at other people's expense and getting away with it! :Angry:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Well due to my circumstances didn't bother looking to hard for "the deal" so went back to Vodafone 250min 500texts 250mb data £9pm 12mth contract, first 3mths £4.50pm so about £8pm over the year. just the little detail of getting my number back now :RollEyes:
Dave.
Apply to Ovivo for your PAC http://www.ovivomobile.com/
Give your PAC to Vodafone
Your number will normally transfer at latest over the next work day night. :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Yes my PAC code was emailed to me today.

Wyn
Wyn when did you ask for it. xid mine Bout 9.00 last night and nothink yet. still recieving calls and txts.
Dave.

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
May have been later-around 22.00. Text still working! but not calls. Jean requested her PAC around same time but not heard yet (as far as I know)

Wyn when did you ask for it. xid mine Bout 9.00 last night and nothink yet. still recieving calls and txts.
Dave.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I think, they are supposed to give your PAC number within two hours, but I guess they are no longer playing by the rules. Requested mine about 10pm last night, with nothing yet. Further, again I think, by asking for a PAC number you are terminating any contract that you might have had with them and so you can whistle for anything you might have been entitled to. Not that you would have got anything anyway.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That to me seems to mean that Ovivo were recently taking money from people for their sim under false pretences as they knew there was a MAJOR issue with their 'product'. It also makes me think that that is why they have recently been INCREASING the number of minutes in the allowance to entice even more 'mugs' to pay money to them, and swell their OWN bank balances with our 'credit' money as they KNEW it was all going to go 'pop'! That is FRAUD! Pyramid selling in another form. I think I might see if there is anything that can be done from this angle ... even if I don't get anything back there's no way the people who own the business lining their pockets at other people's expense and getting away with it! :Angry:

ther has for a time been a spat between vodafone and Ovivo IMO, Ovivo could not take over vodafone numbers not sure why but i suspect there was a contractual issue between them.
i mean why would you pay vodafone a monthly fee if you could get the same service on the same network for a one off " relatively small" £15 in my case fee. it dont add up that vodafone would allow them to continue on their network and loose customers.

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Ovivo

Really sorry to hear Busman's problems it must be awful! Personally trying to be positive . . . some people would have had many months of FREE USE apart from the initial £20. A big saving on most contracts. Yes it was bad no notification. I only picked it up from Busman's blog! Sent off for PAC code, found an old pay as you go phone with 'live' SIM popped out for voucher code, Cc emailed all relevant contacts new temporary number. Sent off for GIFFGAFF SIM. Been a busy afternoon!! :Blush:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I find it frustrating that some people were happy to be getting something for next to nothing with no thought as to how it could possibly work out long term. so what if you paid £20 for a sim then next to nothing per month for unlimited use or free minutes. are you really out of pocket because this business failed, based on market prices? I doubt many will be and only lost £20 or £30 on their month payment and sim cost

surely it was common sense that nothing in life is truly free and believing such a business model could work long term was a gamble at best.

peoples attitudes to such things do bemuse me but I can see the inconvenience nothing more

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ah but it wasn't as simple as that, in order to keep getting the free internet for example you had to watch adverts on it to keep doing so, therefore advertising revenue also played a part. I must admit that I was a little 'concerned' when they kept upping the amount of free minutes you could get (after we'd bought ours I hasten to add!) and now think that was a ploy to get money rolling in to try to 'balance the books' but of course that would only have added to the problem IMV.

The problem is that it just suddenly, and without any warning at all, stopped working which has caused a lot of problems for people. :Sad:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Ah but it wasn't as simple as that, in order to keep getting the free internet for example you had to watch adverts on it to keep doing so, therefore advertising revenue also played a part. I must admit that I was a little 'concerned' when they kept upping the amount of free minutes you could get (after we'd bought ours I hasten to add!) and now think that was a ploy to get money rolling in to try to 'balance the books' but of course that would only have added to the problem IMV.

[HI]The problem is that it just suddenly, and without any warning at all, stopped working which has caused a lot of problems for people. :Sad:[/[/HI]QUOTE]

the unfortunate thing is , this is how many many companys go to the wall,...... trade , trade. trade, closure ! .... no warnings to s...uppliers, ...staff, or ...customers.

if let it out of the bag then stuff starts to happen; like suppliers withhold stocks, customers withhold payments, staff dont come to work or remove stuff to compensate themselves and much more..

its not right any any way, and i am not supporting them, i have a sim like others; but those are often the driving factors that determine the time frame and nature of a closure of this type.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Awaiting PAC?

As per previous post I recieved my PAC code next day but Jean didn't. Still nothing this morning so she went onto their site and was able to retrieve it via a link. :thumb:

Wyn
Dave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Wyn your a star, just went and got PAC code off the site :thumb: now just waiting for new sim.
Dave

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Glad to have been of help and I posted so that it was accessible for all.
I've had a Virgin Media SIM and waiting for the PAC swap to go through. Should be complete by Monday.

Wyn

Wyn your a star, just went and got PAC code off the site :thumb: now just waiting for new sim.
Dave

Beemer

Free Member
Dec 30, 2012
Lincolnshire & Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2 Years
Does anybody have a telephone number for Avivo Customer Services ?

I applied for and received my PAC code from Ovivo and applied to Vodaphone to port my number over. Vodaphone have now informed me that they cannot port my number over because Ovivo have given me an incorrect PAC Code !

Any suggestions as to how to contact Ovivo would be gratefully received :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back