Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Without going over the top I'm after a decent sound system. Would rather sit in and listen to music when parked up than watch TV so any surgestions.
I've just got my daughters iphone which I somehow managed to put some cd's on so need some think compatable with that. There are 2 speakers at the back of the van I could upgrade if needed. But would just like a half decent system I could chill to when parked up.
Thanks Dave.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We invested in a Bose Soundlink. Great piece of kit. Rechargeable battery and connects via bluetooth. Not cheap but perfect for in and out of the motorhome.:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
this is probably one of the best

Broken Link Removed

but we bought one of these and are very happy

ou can get them for between £40 - £60

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the other option would be to upgrade the motorhomes stereo to one which had an aux in so you can plug the iPhone into that.
there are loads out there but Like this Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Another vote for bose sound link (bluetooth) or bose sound dock which docks the iPhone (may need to get lightning connector to dock depending on iPhone but still works) lasts about 6 hours and brilliant sound. If you are anywhere near Bicester village they have a bose outlet and are about £40 less

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Another vote for bose sound link (bluetooth) or bose sound dock which docks the iPhone (may need to get lightning connector to dock depending on iPhone but still works) lasts about 6 hours and brilliant sound. If you are anywhere near Bicester village they have a bose outlet and are about £40 less

Have had a look at them and interested, how would you recharge the battery without hook up ???
Dave

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
the other option would be to upgrade the motorhomes stereo to one which had an aux in so you can plug the iPhone into that.
there are loads out there but Like this Broken Link Removed
This was another option getting a quality radio as the one in the MH still has a tape deck lol

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Used to have a tape adapter but not very good they tend not to line up with the tape heads very well and the deck still runs and tends to get hot. For a cheap option get an fm transmitter for you i-phone dead cheap work fairly well it tansmits the i-phone to your radio they both need to be on the same frequency!!

David

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
remember that running the cab radio when parked up will run down your battery too. basically the higher the output the more electricity it uses in very simple terms. some people are shocked that leaving the radio on for several hours will flatten a battery:Doh:

my advice is use a product like the Bose sound bar and recharge using a 12v adaptor whilst keeping an eye on what you are using

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I bought a Griffin iTrip some years ago, which is a brilliant piece of kit, but is far more sophistcated these days. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Been down the same road on sound system. I ended up with a Wi fi speaker (leave it anywhere you like ) it can also be hard wired into Ipod or other music devices. Battery life is 18hrs. excellent quality for £100. Highly rated in Whathifi awards 2013... Heres link if you want to check the wi fi speaker options out....
http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-minx-go

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Have had a look at them and interested, how would you recharge the battery without hook up ???
Dave

I have the Bose Sound Dock radio with i pod docking for the kitchen and the Sound Link for the van. Brilliant clarity of sound. The Sound Link connects via Blue Tooth and there is a 12V charger available for extra cost. Great to use with the iPod and also with the laptop for the radio, music and films.

I think Bose do a 30 day return if you aren't happy with the product. I guess the website will have the details.

Lorraine x

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have the Bose Sound Dock for use with our I-pod. We keep it charged up with the Bose 12 volt charger. We just plug it into a cigarette lighter socket and let the solar panel do the rest. A full charge usually lasts us for 6 hours if we don't turn it up too loud. Superb sound quality both inside and outside of our Motorhome.

Brisey.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
in italy last year a german we were parked next to had wired in some 12v computer speakers and just pluged the phone into them and the sound quality was great

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well thanks for all the advice, mentioned it to my brother who said he had a jawbone jambox (never heard of one) so went round and he gave me a quick demo and I was impressed, real easy to use and good quality which is what I was after, think I'll have to push the brotherly love bit and get it off him.
Ta Dave:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back