Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We're now at Glen Nevis Camp Site for 4 nights.::bigsmile:

Any funsters around???:roflmto:

We've booked tickets for the Fort William to Mallaig Steam Train on Tuesday - Rex is very excited :ROFLMAO:- hope he'll cope with waiting until Tuesday!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wish it would stop raining though!:Sad:

Marie
:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
hi penelope, glad your having such a great time. Loverly part of the country. are you going to go and walk up ben nevis tomorrow?::bigsmile:

you can always get the cable car up and then walk down,

sugarplum

Free Member
Feb 4, 2008
Hallow, Worcs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 yrs
please no, not a cable car up ben nevis................the mountain next to it yes...........name slips my mind ATM but not the BEN... surely??? No, can't be.

Have a nice walk up Glen Nevis and see the Highland Cattle [flat walking] .... this time of the year they will have young'uns.

Keep walking up the rough track [if you're fairly agile] and you will come on a different level, complete with field, hidden loch with obigatory rope bridge. You are then in heaven......good luck! You can cross the bridge and .....the rest it up to you - as they say!

cheers

alice

Just remembered.........aonach moor is where the cable car goes up and on a good day you can see more mountain peaks than you have years,.... whatever.... honest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
hi penelope, glad your having such a great time. Loverly part of the country. are you going to go and walk up ben nevis tomorrow?::bigsmile:

you can always get the cable car up and then walk down,

Come on now - do I look like someone who'd walk up Ben Nevis???? Maybe 20 years ago I might have attempted it - but not now!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Don't want to have to call out Mountain Rescue!:Blush:

please no, not a cable car up ben nevis................the mountain next to it yes...........name slips my mind ATM but not the BEN... surely??? No, can't be.

Have a nice walk up Glen Nevis and see the Highland Cattle [flat walking] .... this time of the year they will have young'uns.

Keep walking up the rough track [if you're fairly agile] and you will come on a different level, complete with field, hidden loch with obigatory rope bridge. You are then in heaven......good luck! You can cross the bridge and .....the rest it up to you - as they say!

cheers

alice

Just remembered.........aonach moor is where the cable car goes up and on a good day you can see more mountain peaks than you have years,.... whatever.... honest.

Did the cable car and the walk up to Sgurr whatever it's called today :ROFLMAO: - unfortunately the weather wasn't good - kept getting wet and couldn't see much!:cry: Never ever seen Ben Nevis - it's ALWAYS cloudy and wet whenever we come up here!!:Sad:

Marie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Come on now - do I look like someone who'd walk up Ben Nevis???? Maybe 20 years ago I might have attempted it - but not now!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Don't want to have to call out Mountain Rescue!:Blush:

Did the cable car and the walk up to Sgurr whatever it's called today :ROFLMAO: - unfortunately the weather wasn't good - kept getting wet and couldn't see much!:cry: Never ever seen Ben Nevis - it's ALWAYS cloudy and wet whenever we come up here!!:Sad:

Marie

Its allright, Nikkis brother is in the mountain rescue in Scotland and hes not to busy at the moment::bigsmile: see you soon, were off in 4 days to try your book out that you pointed in our direction trhe french farm camping

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
The Mallaig steam train is a fantastic trip and make sure you can take plenty of photos. Once you see the white sands and coast just before Mallaig, you will want to take the van there for a few days. One of my favourite spots. When you get off the train at Mallaig get some fresh fish from the local shops, very tasty.

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back