Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I may be the last person on here to discover this, so apologies for repetition

To refresh a page you are viewing, such as forums top page, press your F5 key, not only does it refresh the screen it removes caches (apparently) making the refresh quicker and more up to date

Well it impressed me, I hope somebody else benefits

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
I may be the last person on here to discover this, so apologies for repetition

To refresh a page you are viewing, such as forums top page, press your F5 key, not only does it refresh the screen it removes caches (apparently) making the refresh quicker and more up to date

Well it impressed me, I hope somebody else benefits

Have a go with the F11 key (full screen mode) in windoze8 and the F12 key (console for logging) :thumb:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its all to do with cache to speed up web browsing, web browsers are designed to download web pages and store them locally on your computer's hard drive in an area called "cache". Browser cache (also known as Internet cache) contains records of every item you have viewed or downloaded while Internet surfing. So when you visit the same page for a second time, the browser speeds up display time by loading the page locally from cache instead of downloading everything again.

However this information can become out of date or corrupted, so refreshing the cache forces a fresh download, if F5 does not work, try a hard refresh by holding down the CTRL key then hitting F5

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Its all to do with cache to speed up web browsing, web browsers are designed to download web pages and store them locally on your computer's hard drive in an area called "cache". Browser cache (also known as Internet cache) contains records of every item you have viewed or downloaded while Internet surfing.

If it holds naughty pictures I bet there will be a few people hitting the F5 buttons:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

PS, Jim you had better tell them how to delete

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Its all to do with cache,

if F5 does not work, try a hard refresh by holding down the CTRL key then hitting F5

I didn't really understand much of the first bit, but you ended up with my kind of technical talk

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back