Site recommendation - Cornish Farm, Taunton. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
just got back from a cracking four days at Cornish Farm, Taunton. A really nice site, level, excellent pitches and facilities with helpful and nice wardens,,,,, and if walking is your bag (it is ours) there are some really picturesque villages with superb country ale pubs with good food within 4 mile radius - we went to a different village and pub every day and the walking was excellent.
Try out the country village of Trull - the Winchester Arms, what a fantastic lunch and the real ales great..... a VERY pretty 'valley' village with log burning cottages wafting out some lovely smells as we entered the village.
Oh we want to retire there - could just imagine the snow covered cottages at Christmas - like a postcard.
Site and area - Highly recommended.
:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Hi All,
just got back from a cracking four days at Cornish Farm, Taunton. A really nice site, level, excellent pitches and facilities with helpful and nice wardens,,,,, and if walking is your bag (it is ours) there are some really picturesque villages with superb country ale pubs with good food within 4 mile radius - we went to a different village and pub every day and the walking was excellent.
Try out the country village of Trull - the Winchester Arms, what a fantastic lunch and the real ales great..... a VERY pretty 'valley' village with log burning cottages wafting out some lovely smells as we entered the village.
Oh we want to retire there - could just imagine the snow covered cottages at Christmas - like a postcard.
Site and area - Highly recommended.
:thumb:

Regards,

We were there last September and had a lovely time. In fact we had a rainbow moment!

Kath

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi Kath,
what a cracking shot - we were at the far end of your photo on the left.

The two large RV's are still there, we had a good chat with the very nice couple that own one of them and live there.

Regards,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Think we will have to have a diversion via there on our way home as Howie in his efforts to disable our noxious gas alarm has also disabled part of our alarm fitted by Eddie and James:cry:

It's a lovely place and friendly folk.

Kath

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
This is a lovely site with a superb shower block complete with squeegees in the showers & cloths next to the sinks so you can clean up any mess you made whilst listening to the radio yes you heard correct there is a speaker in the ceiling that plays radio 2 not my cup of tea but a very nice touch.
The grass is a very nice colour green or I could be lucky, this site does not preach recycling like most site do nowadays & has pleny of hard standings & is open all year round.
There are many watering points including a tap covered for winter.
Back to the shower block it was lovely & warm inside with no visible radiators & im guessing it may have underfloor heating but im not 100% sure in that one. The showers were lovely & i think may be electric as the temperature was a bit cool for my liking however my missus will say the opposite just watch out as every now & then a hot blast of water will come though.
There is 100% Free wifi yes FREE wifi & i using it to add this review (y) it is pretty fast thou we had some connection issues earlier but then again who does not.
As with most sites there are those that either live on site or own a static site permanently on site but everyone seams nice.
Next door is a working farm & the cow shed backs on to the site so you can expect to get the odd moo or two also you can hear the motorway though i have found it not be a problem to worry about & we slept good.

My only advice would be for finding the site just incase you use google maps & if you do you will come to a T junction & google will tell you to turn left however there will be a sign saying campsite right obey the sign..................

Overall this a a lovely site one that we will visit again & positioned perfectly for a trip to Cornwall & worth using if only for that much needed stopover.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
What a wonderful picture :)

We would agree that it's better to follow the Brown signs to get to us, rather than some sat navs, you can down load instructions from our site www.cornishfarm.com or on our brochure

We are a touring park but we oftern get people working in the area or locking for property and use us a s a base, for example one of the "two large RV's" belongs to"Cowboy Mike" who has been in and around for a while looking for a house in the area, and they've exchanged contracts on a house just up the road, being helped to move in by Bob the assistant warden who lives in the other RV when he's covering for Steve & Debs the wardens

Why Cowboy Mike? We've found out in his spare time he teaches Line dancing, he drives a Yank, and has a Harley (y) oh and he wears a Cowboy hat lol

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Well we are back in our van pitch 39, we only came here for growler but ended up having the whole sherbang alarm, immobilizer & tracker, battery master.......
The service was well what can i say second to none, you wont find a more personalized service anywhere else......
Eddie, Lynn, Ashley & the rest of the crew are all wonderful people & i can not thank them enough........
They showed a hospitality you would not find anywhere else...................

we had a little hiccup where the immobilizer key was accidentally dropped outside in the dark but other that that all went well on the Van bitz end in fact better than that we were treated with such hospitality it was unheard off.

Taunton on the other hand im afraid to say was a bit hit n miss for us, we loved the pentyfull shops to shop in however this was let down by the pubs, we found a nice CAMRA pub for cider but it was not all that & the Weatherspoons well less about that is best as we sent the food back & gave up after the 2nd attempt.
We did find a posh pub for dinner & by now were starving so somewhat a success but having to spend the day in a town you dont know is not fun.

On the return to Vanbitz again the Hospitality was outstanding & this quickly washed away our day in Taunton.....

What can I say if you want an alarm go get one fitted but if you want top notch service a top product go to Van Bitz & not only will you get what you want but also a service that is unheard of in this modern day of age.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thank you RSRob for that report, we don't always get everything right, but always aim too, so it's nice to be told that we're getting close to where we want to be

oh by the way Happy Birthday for yesterday :birthday:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back