Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Anybody have any experience of Taylormade bike covers, good or bad, I e-mailed them a few weeks ago, they never bothered to reply, not a good start.
I am looking for a decent cover for our two electric bikes, using a towball mounted bike carrier, Many Thanks.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Got one you can buy £40.. Used it once and now have a new van we can't reach high enough to fit it onto... ( Really thick, quality canvas type stuff with a drawstring round the bottom)
PS It was made with 2 mounting splits up the back to go onto a Fiaama bike rack....

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Bike cover

Sorry no info on Taylormade bike covers . From experience got really fed-up with Fiamma Bike Covers over the last few years, not very robust. Purchased a THULE BIKE COVER on recommendation. Very pleased can recommend the quality and size! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I have twice tried to buy Taylor made bike covers
1st time they wanted bike height and type, said they would come back with price 2 weeks later phoned but was told they were too busy after NEC show last Oct
Tried again at the start of this year same questions and still waiting for a call back
Not sure where I'm going to try now

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Got one you can buy £40.. Used it once and now have a new van we can't reach high enough to fit it onto... ( Really thick, quality canvas type stuff with a drawstring round the bottom)
PS It was made with 2 mounting splits up the back to go onto a Fiaama bike rack....

Would it fit on a towball mounted carrier bikes?

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We've just got a Taylormade cover, larger one with no slit for two electric bikes, to go on a Thule 916 towbar mounted rack.
Phoned them Tuesday morning spoke to a very helpful lady who told me which one would suit and we received it Wednesday, looks very good, time will tell.
They post all their orders on a Tuesday (midday) so if you leave it till the afternoon it would take over a week to get it.

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
They are based in the same village as me, and we see them often at shows etc. They have a team of workers sewing covers constantly, and they are of a very high quality, but they do get busy at times, and they make excellent windscreen covers aswell, the silver thingies.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Anybody have any experience of Taylormade bike covers, good or bad, I e-mailed them a few weeks ago, they never bothered to reply, not a good start.
I am looking for a decent cover for our two electric bikes, using a towball mounted bike carrier, Many Thanks.

Snap! I emailed them last year and got no answer. However, I gave in recently and bought a windscreen cover from them. It is well made but the instruction which came with it were more or less useless. I also ordered a 'net' with it which I foolishly thought was a bag to put it in. It isn't.

So, a typical company stuck in the past. OK products but not a clue how to communicate with customers.

Any decent competitor would wipe them out unless they changed.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Good bike cover

I phoned Taylormade - told them the type of bike rack we have and the height / length / width of handlebars of the bikes. A really helpful lady took our payment and we received the bike cover week later after it had been made to our size. Really good quality - can recommend the product and company.

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We've just got a Taylormade cover, larger one with no slit for two electric bikes, to go on a Thule 916 towbar mounted rack.
Phoned them Tuesday morning spoke to a very helpful lady who told me which one would suit and we received it Wednesday, looks very good, time will tell.
They post all their orders on a Tuesday (midday) so if you leave it till the afternoon it would take over a week to get it.

How does it work with no slits, how can you attach the two arms to the bikes ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We bought Tailor made covers for our Electric bikes 10 years ago, they are still doing the job they are designed for today just completed 2months in Morocco and that is a test for any cover.

They are a bit faded but as strong as ever, so I can safely say that we recommend them.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It covers everything, because its a towbar mount there's nothing in the way at the back to snag the cover.

Does it have a clear pocket or something for the reflective plate you need for Spain? Or are those only required for racks on the back door?

Last edited:

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Does it have a clear pocket or something for the reflective plate you need for Spain? Or are those only required for racks on the back door?

It hasn't got a pocket, our plate has a hole on each corner and we will just bungy strap it on, unless I think of a more cunning plan in the mean time.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Just a quick update, I bought the Taylormade bike cover from Jenny and Mitch who live about 30 miles from us, very nice couple, had a cup of tea with them and weren't too jealous of their week old Autotrail Tracker, another result for this forum! :thumb:

Jul 3, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 yrs
Just purchased a 2 bike cover from Taylor Made - BUT - it is such a pain to put on with all the eyelets and stringing up that we tend to travel without it unless we are going a long way (and in the rain)! Still looking for a new 2 bike cover that was as robust as the old Fiamma one which lasted years! Taylor-made cover is very robust but takes up a lot of room when off and about 30 mins to put on!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I have been to see Taylor Made at their premises today to look at their tow bar mounted bike covers. They look good for £60.
As this thread is old , has anyone got one and how successful is the velcro in holding it altogether in the wind and rain?

Apr 19, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
We’ve had a Taylormade two slit electric bike cover for over 5 years. Tough as old boots! No rips or unstitching. The eyelets for the cord that gathers the material underneath are undamaged and I still have the spare eyelet they supplied. The Velcro holds well on ours although I’ve always wrapped two straps around the cover once fitted to stop it flapping around but it would probably be fine without - just habit.

It has faded to grey over the years, especially on the top. Much like the owners. That’s the only reason I have considered replacing it. Same story with their windscreen cover. Beautifully made. The only reason to consider replacing it would be cosmetic wear and tear.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Does it cover two bikes without turning the handlebars ..My bikes go on the rack facing in opposite directions,,ie handle bar of one is above seat of the other.BUSBY.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Does it cover two bikes without turning the handlebars ..My bikes go on the rack facing in opposite directions,,ie handle bar of one is above seat of the other.BUSBY.

Thanks Wonky Bass. I went back today( We are on a CL just a mile away) because I didn't quite understand how they fit.
The ladies there were lovely and couldn't be more helpful.
Anyway I do now and to answer Busby they are designed to fit over bikes facing in opposite directions as you describe. ( Or at least the tow bar rack ones are)
All I need now is to get my bike back tomorrow to see if I can put our bikes on like that.
If I can I will definitely get one.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I had screen covers (3piece) for my First R-V, from Taylor`s, back in the `90`s. One of the sections started to fail (Crack) and Mr Taylor made the trip from Holmfirth to East Yorks to deliver the replacement!. They had apparently had a poor batch of the Silver material. Considered getting some recently for the Rapido. The Daughter (who now runs the business) was very helpful and advised exactly what to measure. In the end I decided not to proceed, but that was for different reasons. BTW. My "bags4" Cool Box cover started to shed the waterproof coating after 12 months of use and left plastic all over the box. They did not want to know!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back