Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
..... couldn't load XPCOM.

wHAT does the above message mean please? It comes up when I click on the Firefox symbol to open internet ... which I always do ... but now it won't let me. Last week had tremendous problems starting with MHF and my computer went back to some months ago BUT retained all my email information etc... (it went back to old passwords).... It won't let me open disc cleanup either.

Suggestions please ... it is running ridiculously slow too... and I fear my security is under risk.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Joy, Sounds like you may have a bug in your comp, better get it looked at asap maybe, unless someone comes up with a fix for you, or do you know how to set comp to go back a few months????? this may help sort it out if something is causing you a problem that you may have picked up lately and don't know it ok
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Hi Joy, Sounds like you may have a bug in your comp, better get it looked at asap maybe, unless someone comes up with a fix for you, or do you know how to set comp to go back a few months????? this may help sort it out if something is causing you a problem that you may have picked up lately and don't know it ok
Sorry, but scaremongering is a bad thing.

This is simpy a problem with Firefox. If my remedy above does not work, then completely remove Firefox, then download new version and start again.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Sorry, but scaremongering is a bad thing.

This is simpy a problem with Firefox. If my remedy above does not work, then completely remove Firefox, then download new version and start again.

I am not scaremongering just trying to help another funster in trouble, don't need comments like this :Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Pleas don't argue..:cry: I am really grateful for all your help.

I hope this reply goes through. I have posted replies endlessly and I get cut off... Jim, a message just comes up saying I havn't paid my subs and it is not posting...

I am re downloading firefox as the page wouldn't come up.... also messages keep coming up saying my computer running slow .. I am not clicking on anything it tells me to.

Group hugs....

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Joy your certainly having an interesting few days!

It sounds to me that your computer has been restored for some reason which is why you have all your emails but other things have regressed. I would not want to try and lead you through the restore process here.

I don't know if this will help but its worth a try.

1. Have you cleared the Firefox cache and history? In Firefox click on the top left "Firefox" then "history" then "Clear Recent History" on "Details" select "Cache" and "clear now". Restart Firefox.

2. Do You have another browser e.g. Chrome does it do the same?

3. I would download CCleaner and clean the registery.

After that I would be struggling best of luck.

John

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It seems to be a known problem with Firefox. A browser recommended by conspiracy theorists working alone out of their bedrooms. :roflmto:

Embrace Big Brother and try Google Chrome or IE. :RollEyes:

Ignore message about your computer running slowly. It is probably someone trying to sell you a registry cleaner. Which YOU REALLY DO NOT NEED. The later versions of Windows are remarkably resilient and can cope with normal day to day problems. For example, you will still find people recommending disk defragmenting. Completely unnecessary after Windows 7 onwards as it does it in the background.

Last edited:
OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Funny enough, John, I have just phoned Maggie to say my CCleaner won't run either ... my whole blooming computer seems to have gone berserk...:Sad: . Also, if anyone can let Jim know that I have to post an answer about nine times before it goes through as it cuts me off telling me to either log in or pay my subs...... Thank you.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Joy

Have you got Malware Bytes? If not try downloading and running it.

John

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Did I say I hate computers? Mine kept freezing the other week. Searched on Google, got all sorts of suggestions. What cured it was downloading the latest update for the video card. It's worked perfectly since.

A large hammer won't normally cure computer problems but at least you wont get any new ones afterwards.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Did I say I hate computers? Mine kept freezing the other week. Searched on Google, got all sorts of suggestions. What cured it was downloading the latest update for the video card. It's worked perfectly since.

A large hammer won't normally cure computer problems but at least you wont get any new ones afterwards.

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed Sorted!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
..... couldn't load XPCOM.

wHAT does the above message mean please? It comes up when I click on the Firefox symbol to open internet ... which I always do ... but now it won't let me. Last week had tremendous problems starting with MHF and my computer went back to some months ago BUT retained all my email information etc... (it went back to old passwords).... It won't let me open disc cleanup either.

Suggestions please ... it is running ridiculously slow too... and I fear my security is under risk.
hi joy from experience i would do the following first delete all history and cookies just keep passwords next delete all add ons they can carry all sorts of bugs next i would load AVAST protection its up to you what you op for but you want atleast virus protection next i would download DTweakfree its free and brilliant cleans everything on your computer cleans your discs- registery system and a host of other things then i would download a different browser what you choose is up to you i keep three on my desktop but the best one by far is OPERA19 or20 brilliant fast simple easy to use if i can be of anymore help just post on topic good luck. jt

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello, I hope this gets through and by now things are a bit more sorted

Provided your MH will start!! chuck the computer in and head off now for Bills Fix it meet, you might just get there in time for the end of April :Doh:

Seriously though, sorry I can't help, hope a light hearted look at it will at least raise a smile

:thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
take Firefox out uninstall the bloody crap and install Google chrome Firefox is full of bugs but that's just my opinion
as for Garry scaremongering i don't believe he is its just sound advice and i would rather take his advice than install McAfee or for that matter Norton
joy hopefully wen ya at Peterborough some of us can run u through a few do's and don't but don't forget its only a weekend meet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back