Harrogate Caravan & Motorhome Show (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Just an observation that there has been little or no mention of the above show which is next month. It's not even listed on here.
Is it not considered to be worthwhile or is just too far north for most members to notice.
We're going and hope it will be very useful!:whatthe::whatthe:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's day visitors only so no opportunity for a rally.

Last year was the first event there and it was staged against the established Newark Show which (rightly or wrongly) appeared to be an attempt to take traders/customers from that show. Talking, later in the year, to traders who were there it was a wash out because of the weather.

What will happen this year remains to be seen but, at the moment, not tempted :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
I dropped into this show the weather was dreadful, was a bit disappionted with the limited accessories on sale. It's i close so if its one I will try it again.
Steve

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2011
Chester-le-Street, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 GtRb
Exp
since 2011
We, 'The Bus' , him indoors and me are hoping to visit, now we are legal after our registration saga. Hoping for better weather than last year. Pity no opp for a meet.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We will be trading at this show this year. It will be bigger and better than last year, there are a lot more traders booked than last year.
There are sites near by so you can make it into more than a day out.

Upvote 0

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
again quite unsensibly scheduled at the same time as the newark show

wishing all visitor a good time, but from london we would favour newark over this one

Upvote 0

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
It doesn't clash with Newark this year.

even if it did clash with Newark it would make no difference to us, personally I think Newark has gone down hill massively, nowhere near the traders it used to attract. Has been pitiful the last two times we have been, def one off my list!:RollEyes:

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
even if it did clash with Newark it would make no difference to us, personally I think Newark has gone down hill massively, nowhere near the traders it used to attract. Has been pitiful the last two times we have been, def one off my list!:RollEyes:
It looks like Newark will be bigger this year. There are a number of new exhibitors and trade bookings are a lot healthier than recent shows.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We are going to Harrogate. Does anyone know if there will be second hand as well as new motorhomes there? I know "car park sales" are not allowed :winky:

If I get chance I'll make a big yellow smiley badge so you can spot me (and avoid me) ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We are going to Harrogate.[HI] Does anyone know if there will be second hand as well as new motorhomes there? [/HI]I know "car park sales" are not allowed :winky:

If I get chance I'll make a big yellow smiley badge so you can spot me (and avoid me) ::bigsmile:

Warners' web site says there will be new and used vehicles on sale.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
IanF
May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We are going to Harrogate. Does anyone know if there will be second hand as well as new motorhomes there? I know "car park sales" are not allowed :winky:

What day are you going? -we're going on Friday
Ian

Upvote 0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
We were there last year and it was actually very good, despite the snow! The other traders we spoke to over the weekend did ok too, so with some decent weather this year (well, no snow...) we're expecting it to be even better.

Nice to have a show up in Yorkshire, anyway.

Steve :Smile:

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
What day are you going? -we're going on Friday
Ian

We will be there Saturday and Sunday, meeting up with family on the Saturday including our 11 month old Grandson so that will be fun. We might get to kidnap him for an hour or so ::bigsmile:

We're booked into an hotel a few miles away on the Friday night and Saturday night as we're making a bit of a holiday to celebrate going part-time at work.

We may call in at the showground on the Friday to pick up a show plan so we can plan our campaign for the Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
went last year as stepdaughter #2 was looking for a Bongo or similar.

The bad weather (snow and freezing cold) didnt help but was very disappointed in the poor trade turnout and accessory stands were in short suppy......Wont waste any time and diesel going again

Upvote 0

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
We went last year and apart from the weather it was OK. We are going on the Friday ( just to eat the Britstop sweets!) The exhibitor list looks much bigger this year and it will not snow!
Cheers
Bernie & Rona:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
We went on Friday just gone, it was coldish and wet but we enjoyed it.
We bought a few things that we just couldn't do without or so my wife told me but to be fair the prices were good especially as there was no P&P to pay and we had a day out.
Would imagine it was packed today as weather so much better.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back