Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hello
Has anybody used a Hindermann bike cover from Roadpro? If so are they worth the money? :thumb: :cry:

Thanks in advance
Les

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not what you are asking.. but have tried many .. home made and proprietary , and to be frank, a waste of time.. the dirt still gets up inside.... plus you also have a filthy cover to clean...

If your bikes are expensive and you are trying to protect them, my advice (from personal experience of having two stolen) .. is .. DON'T take them.. they will end up growing legs.. take old bikes, no one will nick them and you will have a more relaxing time..

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:thumb:Hi Les, we have a Hindermann concept cover. Bought it a year ago and it seems to be likely to last longer than some of the cheaper ones. The all round zip is handy but you need to use straps to stop flapping. We carry 2 bikes and I think it could be improved by being smaller. They say up to 3 bikes and I reckon we could get 4 in. Hence you need straps. It does not stop all the rain as zips let rain through. Easy to fit after first time. Comes in its own bag which we have never managed to get it back in again.
Like all covers it gets very dirty but is easy to clean and dry. Would I buy again? Not sure. I might buy cheap and replace more frequently.
Cheers
Bernie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Not what you are asking.. but have tried many .. home made and proprietary , and to be frank, a waste of time.. the dirt still gets up inside.... plus you also have a filthy cover to clean...

If your bikes are expensive and you are trying to protect them, my advice (from personal experience of having two stolen) .. is .. DON'T take them.. they will end up growing legs.. take old bikes, no one will nick them and you will have a more relaxing time..

Too late. I've bought the wife an electric bike and she loves it:Doh:

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hi Bernie
Thanks for the info. I would be looking for a few years use for the price. Maybe have to look at something else. Any recommendations out there?

Cheers
Les

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Too late. I've bought the wife an electric bike and she loves it:Doh:

ok.. keeping it clean is a good idea then..

otherwise she'll have you washing it every day :roflmto:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Poncho

Go to an Army surplus store and buy a poncho. Strong and with eyelets on all corners so easy to attach bungies :thumb:

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Hey, that sounds like it's worth a go:thumb: And if I can get a camouflage one the Neds won't see the bikes:ROFLMAO:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
get an Arctic one They're white and will def blend in with your M/H :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Great idea:roflmto::roflmto: all I need now is a Norwegian ex army stores::bigsmile:

Meantime has anybody used a Taylormade bike cover?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back