LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad: help again, please.. How do I know if the leisure batteries are charging the van battery, as they are supposed to do because I have a battery master.

I am totally fed up with battery problems and fuses keep going. Now I have bought a new engine battery but am still not sure whether the battery master will be charging it because the fuses keep going on it. Short of either lifting the couch up all the time to check the fuses, or waiting until I have another emergency where the van won't start, (hopefully not in the middle of the Derbyshire Moores), I don't know what to do.

What are the red and green lights supposed to look like ... how many green and how many red to prove that the solar is charging the leisure batteries and they are then charging the engine battery once they are full.... Sorry if daft question ... never had any of these problems with the last van ..:Sad:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Do you have a volt meter? If yes, we can tell you where to take the appropriate measurements.

Do you know what is connected to the fuses that keep blowing? I wasn't sure from what you wrote whether they specifically relate to the battery master, or if to the van equipment in general.

Do you know what makes them blow - as in, does it only happen when you turn certain things on?

Are the red & green lights on the electrics control panel or on a separate solar panel regulator? If a solar regulator, does it have a model name/number? Can you take a picture of it?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Do you have a volt meter? If yes, we can tell you where to take the appropriate measurements.

Do you know what is connected to the fuses that keep blowing? I wasn't sure from what you wrote whether they specifically relate to the battery master, or if to the van equipment in general.

Do you know what makes them blow - as in, does it only happen when you turn certain things on?

Are the red & green lights on the electrics control panel or on a separate solar panel regulator? If a solar regulator, does it have a model name/number? Can you take a picture of it?

you sure theres nothing you forgot to ask ? :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

No, I don't have a volt meter but will get one if you think it will help me keep on top of things.

The fuses that keep blowing are related to the battery master and where the wires from the leisure batteries go through to the box with the red and green lights on. The solar panel is supposed to charge the leisure batteries and when they are full they top up the engine battery. I am not sure whether it also works the other way ... I don't think so because if I am on hook up and the engine battery is full and the leisure batteries are full then there is supposed to be a cut off to stop overload. How can I stop the fuses blowing when there is overload? If that is the problem?

the red and green lights are on a solar panel regulator which I thought was called Battery Master. I will take a picture of it ... It has a row of lights .. some green and some red. I can remember that there are three red ones and think the one on the furthest right flashes when the charge in the engine battery is being taken into it, but it means I have to remove the upholstery and pffaff about to look at these lights.... which I wonder why the fuses keep blowing. I will try and take a photo. Thank you.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Joy hang in there kid the cavalry are coming, we are setting of from the Algarve tomorrow and would love to meet up with you when we get back, assuming that you have not got it sorted beforehand. It is only wires and fuses DO NOT PANIC XXXXXXXXX

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
If you can hold out until the cavalry arrive, that would be your best solution.

Major reinforcements will be at Chester, should the advance guard need any backup, but it sounds like you will have been sorted by then.

Can you survive for a little while?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner