Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
A few weeks ago, we went to France. From Calais down to the med and back up again ( Via Parc Verger) Apart from that site, we spent 14 nights in different Aires.
Most of them were in small towns / villages.
7 of them were sited next to Primary schools, 4 of these were also next to children's playgrounds. One was actually within the grounds of an unfenced primary school.
I went out every morning with my camera, Mrs A and I spoke to the children going to school ( they all stopped to fuss our dogs) and walked past fairground type rides at Le Crotoy where parents were happily videoing and taking pictures of their children on the rides. ( I didn't use my camera near the rides, we had no children with us)

Not once was I or anybody else accused of being a pervert, no one objected to their children being photographed by complete strangers. No one hid their children while walking past our van parked yards from the entrance to the school and no Gendarmes came to ask what we were doing.

Whats wrong with France? Don't they realise everyone with a camera near a school is a pervert? Anyone photographing their child on a fairground ride is a pervert. Men walking dogs and talking to children are perverts.

It took me a while to figure out what was wrong, then the penny ( cent) dropped.
The Daily Mail isn't on sale in France!

Allan

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have two grandchildren (4 & 1 years old) but don't see as much of them as we'd like. The price of living in Spain, I'm afraid. When I see little ones out and about here, it makes me think of ours and watching their antics makes me smile. :Smile:

I'm always careful not to press the boundaries of what might be deemed appropriate but in Spain the attitude of parents towards strangers showing interest in their kids is different. I don't think they're any less protective or caring but they seem to get the balance right.

I guess the Daily Mail isn't published in Spanish. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
A few weeks ago, we went to France. From Calais down to the med and back up again ( Via Parc Verger) Apart from that site, we spent 14 nights in different Aires.
Most of them were in small towns / villages.
7 of them were sited next to Primary schools, 4 of these were also next to children's playgrounds. One was actually within the grounds of an unfenced primary school.
I went out every morning with my camera, Mrs A and I spoke to the children going to school ( they all stopped to fuss our dogs) and walked past fairground type rides at Le Crotoy where parents were happily videoing and taking pictures of their children on the rides. ( I didn't use my camera near the rides, we had no children with us)

Not once was I or anybody else accused of being a pervert, no one objected to their children being photographed by complete strangers. No one hid their children while walking past our van parked yards from the entrance to the school and no Gendarmes came to ask what we were doing.

Whats wrong with France? Don't they realise everyone with a camera near a school is a pervert? Anyone photographing their child on a fairground ride is a pervert. Men walking dogs and talking to children are perverts.

It took me a while to figure out what was wrong, then the penny ( cent) dropped.
The Daily Mail isn't on sale in France!

Allan

now you are being SILLY:Sad:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Strange, the railways don't appear to be fenced off either.

Very little litter, lower crime rate.

I think its down to the grandparents wringing up the children or looking after them....

Downside, no sausage rolls...:cry:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
When skiing in France, and other places, kiddies at ski school are put on the chairlifts one by one.
As an adult, the attendant or instructor asks you to look after the child during their ascent. No CRB check needed!
On the way down the piste, if you see a kiddie who has fallen and needs help, you help them up! They then catch up with their class who are waiting a few hundred metres downhill.
It seems that French society places a bit more responsibility on the child to be self reliant and responsibly on all adults to collectively care for kids as a community.
Interestingly, when it came to rescuing kids from soft snow off the edge of the piste, we seemed to be the only Brits to do it. Other Brits we noticed just skied past these often crying little children stuck in deep snow.
Perhaps they were to scared to go near them? What a wonderful society we are.:Angry:

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Don't get me started:Angry: It just goes to highlight what a ghastly, ridiculous state we've turned our once great country into.:Angry:

Vivre la France:thumb:

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
We have had children put into our care on chairlifts too. It's terrifying, they swing their kegs, wriggle about and twist around on their seats shouting to their friends on other seats.
I am usually a nervous wreck when I get off, skiing a black run afterwards seems a doddle.
Yes, we have a strange attitude to society over here and it appears to be getting worse.
There's talk about getting new boyfriends/ girlfriends police checked!
Can't wait to move to France...

Allan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I used to teach special needs children to dance to music for interpretation skills ... we often put displays on for charity functions, old people's homes, etc.... mums and dads proudly videod the display .... then BANG ... no videoing allowed in case there was a child in the background whose parents hadn't given permission for the camera.... it put a dampener on it all as the most enjoyable part afterwards was the dancers' faces as they watched themselves on a large tv.:Sad:

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
What schools should do is have a policy where every child can be video'd or photographed during school events unless they opt out.
The opted out children could then be sent to a school with other opted out children so everyone else can get on and enjoy their children growing up normally.

Allan

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
At a show (Military stuff) SWMBO pulled a small child, playing in the road, out of the path of a reversing ambulance. Was her father, who wasn't paying attention to the child grateful. No, he complained to the event organiser that she had assaulted the child. Fortunately there were plenty of witnesses who told him that the child would have been run over if she hadn't acted.
I can well understand why people are reluctant to help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back