Tyre Pressures at a Glance - an interesting product?? (1 Viewer)

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
I've come across this US website (via Kickstarter) - www.rightpsi.com

they are developing a tyre pressure indicator that is set to the right pressures you need - you buy a stock version at the right psi or ask for a custom one

it fits onto a standard valve and you can see quickly if the pressure is too high, too low, or just right by the colour - seems a quick and easy way to check if all is fine and correct if needed.

they're not in production yet but have raised sufficient funds to start and develop the concept further. price is $25 for 4, $15 for 2 (plus shipping costs - they're quoting $15 on the Kickstarter site) for standard units. no price given for custom - I'd need c70psi on mine.

worth it for $40 or not???

I think it's a cracking little idea - sits somewhere between no checking method (bar a pump and they can be inaccurate) and an automated system which are very expensive

be interested to hear what others think :Cool:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Are you going to tell him Jim or shall I?:ROFLMAO:

no need for the:Tongue1: I was expecting Jim to tell you about the ones he sells that are superior to those you posted:Smile:

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't know anything about that particular system. Normally those style of pressure systems only properly indicate at around 15/20% loss which is normally too much.

The pressure is fixed, so you need to buy sets for front and rear tyres and make sure you don't mix them up.

It's rare to find that style of TPM that works with any accuracy over 40 psi

I'll be keeping an eye on its development though, thanks for the link :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Not much different to Jim's flashy things.

I still prefer my TyrePal system which gives an instant readout and warning signal in the cab of any tyre inflation problems.

It worked well for us last year when I picked up a large screw in a tyre at 60mph on a dual carriageway and it notified me as soon as I lost 2 psi and then continued to give falling readouts giving loads of time to pull over without incident.

OP
OP
fatbuddha

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
I don't know anything about that particular system. Normally those style of pressure systems only properly indicate at around 15/20% loss which is normally too much.

The pressure is fixed, so you need to buy sets for front and rear tyres and make sure you don't mix them up.

It's rare to find that style of TPM that works with any accuracy over 40 psi

I'll be keeping an eye on its development though, thanks for the link :thumb:

yep - something to be considered so the accuracy of it is of some concern, but who knows, they may cracked it!

other concerns - nickability (but they're working on a more secure version), and visibiity when it's covered in winter shite (but easily sorted with a quick wipe)

would also be interesting to see one for bicycle tyres but the product would need to be re-engineered for that to happen

OP
OP
fatbuddha

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
Are you going to tell him Jim or shall I?:ROFLMAO:

ah - so Herr Ubergruppenfuhrer has something similar - didn't know that..:Blush:(linky please??)

I have an automated tyre pressure warning system on my BMW car with runflat tyres - seems to work OK - but as it came with the car I have no idea how much it would cost - a bit more than this product I would suggest!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
ah - so Herr Ubergruppenfuhrer has something similar - didn't know that..:Blush:(linky please??)

I have an automated tyre pressure warning system on my BMW car with runflat tyres - seems to work OK - but as it came with the car I have no idea how much it would cost - a bit more than this product I would suggest!
Look in Jim's Shop at the top right of the page under Sponsored Links

OP
OP
fatbuddha

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
ta for the heads up folks - looked at Jim's products now

there are similarities and differences between the 2 so I guess it comes down to accuracy and price

as I said, the RightPSI one is still at the development stage (see the Kickstarter page link through on the website) but may offer some advantages in due course. wait and see I guess.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Another vote for tyrepal, all six tyres monitored on the dashboard with scrolling pressure and temperature with user set high and low alarms.

Martin

OP
OP
fatbuddha

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
so it would seem that I have had my head up my 'arris for some time as I wasn't even aware of these after market products like Jim's or Tyrepal.....durrr... :RollEyes:

I might have to do some investing in one then!! :roflmto:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
so it would seem that I have had my head up my 'arris for some time as I wasn't even aware of these after market products like Jim's or Tyrepal.....durrr... :RollEyes:

I might have to do some investing in one then!! :roflmto:

I believe tyre monitoring is to become a requirement on new vehicles.

Wyn

OP
OP
fatbuddha

fatbuddha

Free Member
Mar 6, 2012
Gods Waiting Room
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-line 700
Exp
since 2004
I believe tyre monitoring is to become a requirement on new vehicles.

Wyn

only on new vehicles that can carry less than 7 passengers, i.e. cars including people carriers, sold from November 2014. I don't think anything is yet planned for new vehicles of larger sizes but I could be wrong there.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've come across this US website

I think it's a cracking little idea - sits somewhere between no checking method (bar a pump and they can be inaccurate) and an automated system which are very expensive

be interested to hear what others think :Cool:

Just look on ebay. I have something very similar on my bike, £3 each. Jim's are too big and heavy for a bike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back