Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Arrived on site at strathclyde and decided to buy 12 month wifi package
Registered and got confirmation email that the £25 had been paid but NO access code
Of to see wardens who were great phoned provider yea problem at our end if we get wifi address of devise we will enable it till we get it resolved
I said but we have more than 1 device so are you going to enable them all
No you can only use 1 device so it will be the one you registered with
Sorry but that was my phone and I may want to use other devices at other times sorry you can only use the device you registered with so to use another device you have to pay a further £25 no chance so I want my money back sorry can't do that so complaint going in on Monday
Any way my 3G is faster than CC wifi

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Stayed at CC site near Folkestone on our way to France last Friday. No 3G coverage from Three of EE, so took the plunge and registered for CC wifi.
Best download speed we got was 650Kbs, and 110Kbps upload.
Most of the time web page loading was stalling or not loading at all.
Basically - waste of time and money.
So, went down local pub for a few pints and a steak and chips. Everything felt better after that :)

ChrisG46

Free Member
Feb 28, 2009
Felixstowe, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
Since Summer 2013
Club wifi seems to have always been bad, mainly because the 2 big clubs just want to sign up long-term contracts whereas the phone companies change and update their offering all the time!

I got a £2 a day dongle from T-Mobile and use it fairly rarely, but use pub and café wifi when and where possible combined with my phone for simple stuff, and I'm please with the result.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
I also have found club wifi to be so slow as not worth bothering with. Other sites it tends to vary. The one I am on now at Shamba Holiday Park in Dorset is not too bad at all.

I also have sims for EE (contract), Three, GiffGaff and a Europa (all PAYG) to ensure I have a internet connection no matter where I go. :Smile:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The wifi I found to be completely adequate for general browsing on 4 sites so far.
You can use as many devices as you want BUT only one can be logged in at once. If you want to change device just logout and log in again

Your login is the same username and password that you use for the CC website.

HOWEVER the more people that don't know how to use it the better! :laughing:
Also you can't blame the wardens for not being completely correct about how it works as it is a private company that run it.

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Some info
11 Are there any data limits on what I can download?
The Club is not imposing any hard data limits however due to the bandwidth available at some of our sites this may naturally prevent you from downloading data hungry programmes. While we cannot stop you streaming video content and TV, skyping or uploading photos these can be extremely data hungry and you may not have the best experience especially at peak times of the day, and you will also limit the experience of your fellow members so do try and be considerate of others. Uploading one or two photos may be ok but save the photo album til you get home!

We have however taken the decision to block certain websites that are inefficiently built and therefore use up more data than normal so if you try and access these you will get a message telling you we have blocked this content, but don't worry more and more websites are now using modern web code that makes them much easier on the data so this will be an exception rather than the rule and can only get better!

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I'm with Techno100 here, I've used two different sites so far and found the wifi fine, in fact about as fast as my home wifi.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Arrived on site at strathclyde and decided to buy 12 month wifi package
Registered and got confirmation email that the £25 had been paid but NO access code
Of to see wardens who were great phoned provider yea problem at our end if we get wifi address of devise we will enable it till we get it resolved
I said but we have more than 1 device so are you going to enable them all
No you can only use 1 device so it will be the one you registered with
Sorry but that was my phone and I may want to use other devices at other times sorry you can only use the device you registered with so to use another device you have to pay a further £25 no chance so I want my money back sorry can't do that so complaint going in on Monday
Any way my 3G is faster than CC wifi

forget all that stuff buy a Sim from Adam ( motorhome wifi) use your smart phone or MiFi ) as you own WiFi Hot spot..used our through out Europe last year ran the lap top, two smart phones:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back