Cobra Alarm (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Just got a replacement alarm remote to replace one that stopped working. Having difficulty programming it to the alarm system on the van. I have acquired the procedure from Cobra but it still does not want to connect. The instructions state to have the bonnet and the driver's door open (which I have done) but I was wondering if I need to also open the habition door as it is also on the system. It is Cobra 3 series alarm (A3198) Has any one experienced similar problems? Cobra have said that the earth connection of the bonnet switch needs to be perfect, I have removed this and cleaned everything up.:Doh::cry:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
[HI]No disrespect intended[/HI], but why on earth would anyone give the method on how to do this on a forum. Anyone can read it, then buy a remote and find some poor soul to steal the MH from and then reprogram a remote and sell it on.

PLEASE contact a Cobra Alarm fitter and take your ( if needs be )motorhome to them and have it done professionally. Perhaps asking for some to PM you the details would be a better idea.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I'm alarmed that we need to be alarmed against cobras, I thought being gassed was bad enough but snakes too!!! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Petros
Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Methods of setting remotes of alarm systems appear quite readily on the internet but you still need a "pin number" to access the system, so it is quite safe to forward programming methods. I was really wanted to know if anybody had experienced similar issues. Is this not the point of a forum?:Cool:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Methods of setting remotes of alarm systems appear quite readily on the internet but you still need a "pin number" to access the system, so it is quite safe to forward programming methods. I was really wanted to know if anybody had experienced similar issues. Is this not the point of a forum?:Cool:

As your post states "Methods of setting remotes of alarm systems appear quite readily on the internet" so please go and find it there.

The point of the forum is indeed to help each other, however to give out details of that nature is just plain silly.
Just my two pennies worth - I'm sure the rest of the members on here will make their own mind up on the matter and I'm sure common sense will triumph...........

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I agree with Petros.....without the alarm specific security code nothing would be gained by knowing the coding method.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I agree with Petros.....without the alarm specific security code nothing would be gained by knowing the coding method.

Good stuff, but as a say: if he states he can find these things on the internet, why come here and ask! ....... as I have also stated I'm sure common sense will triumph........... and I'm not disrespecting the OP

OP
OP
Petros
Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
The point being that i got a method from Cobra but was asking wether or not the habitation door needed to also be open. I will obviously contact Cobra tomorrow when they are back in work. I was asking the question in the interim period over their weekend shut down:thumb:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Why not try it with the hab door open and see waht happens, i wouldent think it could do any harm:Smile:

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
I had the same problem and the reason was the bonnet was not wired into the alarm system. you have to take the Blue wire at the siren and put it to earth. I have not tried this yet as on my van all the alarm wires are well hidden away.

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
As your post states "Methods of setting remotes of alarm systems appear quite readily on the internet" so please go and find it there.

The point of the forum is indeed to help each other, however to give out details of that nature is just plain silly.
Just my two pennies worth - I'm sure the rest of the members on here will make their own mind up on the matter and I'm sure common sense will triumph...........

For Gods sake give people a break. Every time someone needs help on here there are always smart a***S want to belittle them for some reason or other.
Why don't you just sod off and go and chase windmills!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Why not try it with the hab door open and see waht happens, i wouldent think it could do any harm:Smile:
Aye... I mean, what's the very worst that could happen :winky:

ckdh.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back